website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

where you found that info? is there for other countries?

Anti Doping Denmark said it.

No other info, though they say it's pretty much the same as other Nordic countries

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/ni-danske-atleter-havde-dispensation-til-medicin-ved-ol-i-rio

Well, for me it is very strange to dont see ANY American doping case in this Olympics Games and in general........the same with the retroactive dopings of Beijing and London, we can see many Russians (i dont say they dont use drugs but im sure they are not alone), and now we have this information about the TUEs and, oh casualty, U.S.A  have more than any other country........

Please, don try to defend this, there are so many casualitys to dont think there are some parciality, of course for political/economical reasons.

Of the 28 names that have been released so far, most of the cases have been very weak

If anyone gets angry about the story of a teenage female golfer, who recently had to pull out of a tournament due to a severe asthma attack. being cleared to use an inhaler to treat asthma then they will probably will be angry for the rest of their life.

The weakness in these leaks is because we don't have medical statements to explain why these exemptions were given. It's impossible to judge without them.

A few of these cases do worry me though. Is it easier to persuade a doctor to help you if, for instance, you are a big name tennis player? Does your fame help with the

ease of gaining TUEs?

And then there are doping violations which appear to have gone unpunished (Harting, Aloyan and others)  I suspect the hackers are deliberately not releasing documents which would clear the people involved of breaking doping rules

You have to study each case very carefully so avoid being tricked into believing either what the hackers or the athletes want you to.

This is not the same as the German documentary on Russian doping but it might well help to prove that the TUE system is not working as well as it should be.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Of the 28 names that have been released so far, most of the cases have been very weak

If anyone gets angry about the story of a teenage female golfer, who recently had to pull out of a tournament due to a severe asthma attack. being cleared to use an inhaler to treat asthma then they will probably will be angry for the rest of their life.

The weakness in these leaks is because we don't have medical statements to explain why these exemptions were given. It's impossible to judge without them.

A few of these cases do worry me though. Is it easier to persuade a doctor to help you if, for instance, you are a big name tennis player? Does your fame help with the

ease of gaining TUEs?

And then there are doping violations which appear to have gone unpunished (Harting, Aloyan and others)  I suspect the hackers are deliberately not releasing documents which would clear the people involved of breaking doping rules

You have to study each case very carefully so avoid being tricked into believing either what the hackers or the athletes want you to.

This is not the same as the German documentary on Russian doping but it might well help to prove that the TUE system is not working as well as it should be.

There's no doubt that these hackers want to start speculations and get some attention while doing so...