website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

23 минуты назад, Canada4thewin сказал:

And no I don't hate Russia, but I think it's totally unfair to let them get away with it and I feel sorry for the other athletes that are clean and have to compete against cheaters.  Where is the logic there?

And you dont feel sorry for the clean Russian athletes who want to ban unfair? Where is the logic there?

54 minuty temu, Dimast napisał:

What is it "proven". Proved that Isinbayeva, gymnasts, wrestlers and others took dope?! No that's not true. They are clean, as well as other athletes from Russia and deserve to compete at the Olympics

Russia is a state, if this state abuses anti-doping on such scale this country as a whole can and should be punished.

So, if some country is expelled from weightlifting does it mean that all lifters took dope?! No! But the fed and in some way country is punished together with clean lifters. In this cas the whole country should be punished, yes - it will hurt some clean athletes

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

1 час назад, Pavlo сказал:

Russia is a state, if this state abuses anti-doping on such scale this country as a whole can and should be punished.

So, if some country is expelled from weightlifting does it mean that all lifters took dope?! No! But the fed and in some way country is punished together with clean lifters. In this cas the whole country should be punished, yes - it will hurt some clean athletes

And don't you think, that all that story can be simple fairy tale? Through all the season the same athletes(do we talk about people who take part in not only one competition, right?) did tests in foreign countries in competitions, had top results and weren't caught. I have mentioned earlier that even now we don't have proofs for that "wonderful strategy" of FSB, and also FSB is made at first so clever and so stupid later. Sorry, I can hardly believe it.

Even if we let that all these things COULD happen. It is known that the most problematic sports for doping in Winter Olympics are skiing and biathlon, but Russia had worse(!) results in biathlon than in Vancouver and nearly the same in skiing. A bit "ineffective" strategy for such "powerful doping country" as Russia, isn't it?

54 minutes ago, Dimast said:

And you dont feel sorry for the clean Russian athletes who want to ban unfair? Where is the logic there?

Well, we either feel sorry for the dozens/hundreds of clean Russian athletes or we feel sorry for the thousands of clean athletes from everywhere else who will be cheated out of Olympic glory by dirty Russian athletes.  If the report is true, then Russia is the one who broke the rules so they should feel the consequences.  It's like saying, "Don't put the criminal in jail, it would be unfair to his innocent family!".  If Russia wanted to be fair to their clean athletes then they shouldn't have cheated in the first place.  

I don't think any other country would boycott if Russia is banned.  Maybe Belarus?  I can't think of anyone else. 

il y a 7 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Well, we either feel sorry for the dozens/hundreds of clean Russian athletes or we feel sorry for the thousands of clean athletes from everywhere else who will be cheated out of Olympic glory by dirty Russian athletes.  If the report is true, then Russia is the one who broke the rules so they should feel the consequences.  It's like saying, "Don't put the criminal in jail, it would be unfair to his innocent family!".  If Russia wanted to be fair to their clean athletes then they shouldn't have cheated in the first place.  

I don't think any other country would boycott if Russia is banned.  Maybe Belarus?  I can't think of anyone else. 

Thank you

11 minutes ago, orangeman said:

It's like saying, "Don't put the criminal in jail, it would be unfair to his innocent family!".

Though in this case, you're putting the criminal in jail, together with innocent family members. 

It's simply an incredibly complicated situation. Personally I would be in favour of federations/officials (including from the Ministry) being completely banned, there is absolutely no reasoning to allow someone like Mutko to have any affair in sports whatsoever anymore. He should be done, forever.

However, there are good reasons to let a decent number of athletes compete under the Olympic flag. Not the Russian flag, because thanks to people like Mutko, waving the Russian flag around in Rio is an insult to 200 other nations, but there are definitely Russians who should compete in Rio I think. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

there is absolutely no reasoning to allow someone like Mutko to have any affair in sports whatsoever anymore. He should be done, forever.

The majority of Russians would thank IOC for that decision, lol))

Mutko seems to be the worst Russian sports minister ever, even without that doping story.