website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Like many people have said, just make doping legal and get rid of all this righteousness crap. Either way we know that all professional athletes take medication for everything, legal or not. There was a time when you could become a champion with hard training and normal food, but that time is long gone. Now if you want to be a top athlete you have to take 10 000 things for recovery and etc etc. If that qualifies as a clean athlete, i'm a dolphin. And big freaking deal you "caught" them after 5, 8 or 10 years. WHO CARES NOW, why didn't you do it then, at the moment when everyone was watching, when "clean" athletes moments/careers were taken/altered. Lance Armstrong had to confess, because Wada didn't know shit and wouldn't to this day. They never do when it happens, because they are always behind and will ever be. There will always be a race between the East and West, if you want to categorize it, of who can make a better medication that can help you. In the 70s-80s it was the Eastern Block, than the Chinese, now the West, whatever, it will never stop. That illegal list goes longer and longer with every year, because new things come out with every year. But that thing was legal then and now it isn't and this thing isn't then and now is, BS everywhere. Just like with the meldonium debacle. First it's banned, now it could be allowed, some athletes are banned, now they are clean... Big freaking who that those athletes are now clear Wada, when you have stopped them for no reason for months and ruined there preparation for the Olympic Games or chance of qualification, because of your doubts... 

I give an example. There is a drug called GW 501516. It works well at helping with endurance so some cyclists and athletes take it.

One Olympic champion has been banned for taking it.

Trouble is that research on the drug for medical use was stopped when it is was found to cause cancer in rats.

Basically if you legalize doping you have to accept that sportspeople will take anything that helps them to win.

If you have children then a parent must accept that the only way your child will become successful is to feed him or her massive doses of steroids or EPO or whatever drug which may effect their health or even kill them,

If a person is happy to do that then they really should not be allowed to have children,

Anti-doping today is bad but the thought of people taking anything they want to take scares me. If that ever happened I hope all sports would be banned forever.

10 hours ago, Federer91 said:

There was a time when you could become a champion with hard training and normal food, but that time is long gone. 

When was that? Because that sure was gone back in the 1890's already. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, Federer91 said:

And big freaking deal you "caught" them after 5, 8 or 10 years. WHO CARES NOW, why didn't you do it then, at the moment when everyone was watching, when "clean" athletes moments/careers were taken/altered. 

And about this: I'm guessing the athletes who got stolen of medals by proven cheaters would obviously have preferred to have their moment of glory in the moment itself, but it's still better to get a deserved gold medal now than never get it. 

Imagine being beaten by Alex Schwazer or some other proven cheat. I'd definitely be angry that I didn't have my moment on top of the podium with my national anthem, but getting the gold medal years later is still better than never getting it and knowing the proven cheat has it. 

Besides the whole thing that really not every drug can be found at any moment and so the "Why didn't you do it then?" isn't really a matter of "You should have done it then", because it simply wasn't always possible. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Josephine Onyia is on her way to the world record with a fifth positive test. She is the one athlete from Spain that tested positive in the re-tests of the 2008 olympic samples.

Big story from France.

17 members of the Belarus canoeing team failed tests for Meldonium during a training camp in March and April.

When anti-doping agents raided them later they also found "heavier drugs".

http://www.lemonde.fr/jeux-olympiques-rio-2016/article/2016/05/26/les-gloires-du-canoe-bielorusse-coulees-par-les-agents-de-l-antidopage-francais_4926694_4910444.html

Edited by Dragon
added link to article

il y a 5 minutes, Dragon a déclaré:

Big story from France.

17 members of the Belarus canoeing team failed tests for Meldonium during a training camp in March and April.

When anti-doping agents raided them later they also found "heavier drugs".

http://www.lemonde.fr/jeux-olympiques-rio-2016/article/2016/05/26/les-gloires-du-canoe-bielorusse-coulees-par-les-agents-de-l-antidopage-francais_4926694_4910444.html

How stupid of them, they should have gone to Spain instead like evrybody else. It would never have happened.

On 24/5/2016 at 20:26, bestmen said:

most of the medalists are positive their results are not human
compare  the world records of 50's -60's and now the difference is very very large cause now  they use much drugs which were not  available in the past

so for me  these Labs are cheaters  they make athlets positive/negative like they want

Take 15 minutes and watch this. Then you would understand why the difference is this large!