website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

25 minutes ago, uk12points said:

The Sharapova case is interesting - she says she has been taking this medication for 10 years and only as of 1st Jan 2016 has it been illegal, according to Sharapova she was unaware it had been added to the list. If she was to be banned, this would be a big scalp for Russia - even the most famous of their sport stars are doped - this could dispel the arguments that many innocent Russians will be unfairly impacted if they were banned from Rio, as even the most famous Russian sports people aren't clean. 

I hope that the IAAF are watching this carefully and now decide to officially ban Russia from the Olympics in a few months time - they are not cleaning up their act and doping is spreading into many other sports in Russia. Send a strong message now or it will be the end of clean sport in Russia.

I dont really understand your point ...

Do you think that all russian athletes are doped? Otherwise there will always be some athletes who didnt dope and will be banned, because other russian athletes doped. Sharapova lives in the US for a couple of years now, so you probably cant really say that she is part of the russian system. I dont think that this has any importance for the IAAF and i still dont believe that the IAAF really thinks about banning Russia. Russian athletes and coaches are still competing as if nothing happened, the recent documentary by Hajo Seppelt shows that nothing really changed. To be honest i dont think that its even possible to completey change the russian sport system in only about a year, so IAAF either has to ban Russia or they just have to pretend that Russia really solved all the problems.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Interesting of how many athletes has been caught on meldonium. No need to forget that after all it was invented in Soviet Union and Russians might had known about it's doping abilities all that time and just happily used it. We will see how many more cases there is going to be knowing that this drug is extremely common in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Middle Asia.

4 minutes ago, dareza said:

I think that we can expected still a lot athletes. This is just beginning

Agree, there are a lot more doping that the most part of the people think, for example in ciclyng (specially road)

5 minutes ago, dareza said:

I think that we can expected still a lot athletes. This is just beginning

Yep, like Mutko himself said: "There is massive use of this in Russia, we'll see more cases."

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!