website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Well, well, things are beginning to come out of the shadow. I don't know why they had to wait for both A and B samples to announce it. I guess with the special treatment for Mr. Froome, we should be happy that it was announced at all. 

52 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well, well, things are beginning to come out of the shadow. I don't know why they had to wait for both A and B samples to announce it. I guess with the special treatment for Mr. Froome, we should be happy that it was announced at all.

He'll probably get away with "administrative sanction", or however you call those "sanctions" without suspension.

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That only took a year or so. 

The whole business started in February 2014.

Went to CAS in October 2016.

Ended in December 2017.

I would love to be Smigun's lawyer. Probably got a big house in Barbados out of this :)

One thing not many people know about Froome.

The management of Team Sky absolutely hate him and would like to get rid of him

But Sky TV who sponsor the team love the publicity he gives them...

Edited by Dragon
spelling error

7 hours ago, Nate River said:

The IOC has announced that there where no positive tests from the Turin 2006 re-tests, which means :EST Kristina Šmigun-Vähi will not be stripped of her medals.

i just saw a documentary about her this morning on Olympic channel and i was really impressed of her achievements in Turin :d

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

this is what said froome on twitter

PPHA.jpg

i agree with this but i don't think that the asthmatic people could have one high level of sport

so he never was  asthmatic

It's a quite well known fact that more elite athletes have asthma than normal people.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

It's a quite well known fact that more elite athletes have asthma than normal people.

I think it's a national winter sport criteria back in Norway (for cc-skiing and biathlon), or so I've heard rumours :d

By that I mean that nearly all of them claim they suffer from it.