website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Total of 14 athletes have been stripped of medals and banned from Olympics for life :yikes:

Pfeh.jpg

why only russia , the rest are clean ?

This commission is only looking at Russia,

9 from other countries have already been disqualified from Sochi

But also 2 more Russians

For what I understand, Russia remain bobsleigh gold medallists at the moment.

Because only 1 team member has been disqualified and it's not a simple positive drug test the case goes back to the bobsleigh federation to decide if Russia lose their medals.

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

For what I understand, Russia remain bobsleigh gold medallists at the moment.

Because only 1 team member has been disqualified and it's not a simple positive drug test the case goes back to the bobsleigh federation to decide if Russia lose their medals.

Assuming Zubkov's disqualification stands it would be ridiculous to not disqualify the entire team since the driver is by far the most important member.

Just now, Nate River said:

Assuming Zubkov's disqualification stands it would be ridiculous to not disqualify the entire team since the driver is by far the most important member.

I think this is just a technical thing. Once the IBSF hold a hearing the Russians will be disqualifed

14 минуты назад, bestmen сказал:

Total of 14 athletes have been stripped of medals and banned from Olympics for life :yikes:

why only russia , the rest are clean ?

Because the fight against doping is a farce. WADA is Anglo-Saxon organization, Crage Reedy, Dick Pound, Jonathan Taylor who manages from Washington

22 минуты назад, Dragon сказал:

This commission is only looking at Russia,

:clap::yes Who would doubt that. Say hello to Bradley Wiggins and other British doppers who are under the roof of WADA and Craig Reedy

1 hour ago, Dimast said:

"Olga Fatkulina and Alexander Rumyantsev, were disqualified by the IOC commission without any grounds and evidence", the president of the Russian skaters' union, Alexei Kravtsov, told to R-Sport.

"We intend to defend the interests of our athletes in the CAS and, if necessary, further, - quotes R-Sport Kravtsov. - The guys were disqualified without any grounds, there was no evidence - no scratches, the salt was within normal limits, there were no grounds for disqualification".

I won't comment on whether it was right or wrong to disqualify them but the R-Sport is not correct.

There were 5 scratch marks on Fatkulina's sample and 4 on Rumyantsev's sample. It's easy to work this from online documents from the McLaren report evidence.

Unless you believe WADA is telling lies?