website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

46 minutes ago, Dragon said:

PUBLIC DISCLOSURE

IWF reports that Mr. Ruslan ALBEGOV (RUS) has been charged with the violation of Article 2.2 of the IWF Anti-Doping Policy.

As a consequence, the Athlete is provisionally suspended in view of a potential anti-doping rule violation.

In any case where it is determined that the athlete did not commit an anti-doping rule violation, the relevant decision will also be published.

IWF will not make any further comments on the case until it is closed.

(Weightlifting)

Oh no, now he'll miss the world champs :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

At least a dozen top Russian athletes have been tested........0 times in the first ten months of October :roflmao:

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/21417333/at-least-one-dozen-top-russian-winter-sports-athletes-were-not-tested-russian-anti-doping-agency-first-10-months-2017

Including someone like Kulizhnikov who was banned while being a semi-interesting junior and absolutely dominated sprinting all of a sudden after his ban.

I mean, I understand RUSADA: if nobody uses doping, you don't need to test, so that's easy :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

At least a dozen top Russian athletes have been tested........0 times in the first ten months of October :roflmao:

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/21417333/at-least-one-dozen-top-russian-winter-sports-athletes-were-not-tested-russian-anti-doping-agency-first-10-months-2017

Including someone like Kulizhnikov who was banned while being a semi-interesting junior and absolutely dominated sprinting all of a sudden after his ban.

I mean, I understand RUSADA: if nobody uses doping, you don't need to test, so that's easy :d 

Of course. These athletes spend most part of their time outside Russia (where RUSADA can't work) and were tested many times with international federations (nobody knows how many times but ESPN prefer to write only about 0 by RUSADA and not about international tests).
These athletes intentionally staying and works with "clean" international antidoping system, but ESPN still don't happy.
The other way around. I think if these athletes would have tested by RUSADA, ESPN would have ask: "Why did they test by RUSADA? They have to work only with international tests!".

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Not surprised. I'd bet quite a lot of money he is doping rght now!

2 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Of course. These athletes spend most part of their time outside Russia (where RUSADA can't work) and were tested many times with international federations (nobody knows how many times but ESPN prefer to write only about 0 by RUSADA and not about international tests).
These athletes intentionally staying and works with "clean" international antidoping system, but ESPN still don't happy.
The other way around. I think if these athletes would have tested by RUSADA, ESPN would have ask: "Why did they test by RUSADA? They have to work only with international tests!".

RUSADA has been working with foreign agencies (or one, I forgot the exact system they put up for that), so they could perfectly fine have tested them. A Dutch skater even went to Russia to train, I doubt Kulizhnikov has been spending 10 months outside of Russia. All in all, testing them literally zero times is just somewhat absurd, it only shows that it's really not even close to being time to reinstate RUSADA yet.

Just now, intoronto said:

Not surprised. I'd bet quite a lot of money he is doping rght now!

Then again, the Dutch team won like 15 million gold medals in speed skating last time around, I doubt everything there happened on a good piece of meat and some broccoli :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

RUSADA has been working with foreign agencies (or one, I forgot the exact system they put up for that), so they could perfectly fine have tested them. A Dutch skater even went to Russia to train, I doubt Kulizhnikov has been spending 10 months outside of Russia. All in all, testing them literally zero times is just somewhat absurd, it only shows that it's really not even close to being time to reinstate RUSADA yet.

Wrong.

After losing its license RUSADA controlled by UKAD (United Kingdom antidoping).

ESPN wrote: "UKAD's formal role ended in June, after it helped develop a test distribution plan for the rest of this calendar year".

Until June 27 this "formal role" means:  RUSADA can do only what UKAD and International experts ask it to do and nothing more and only in Russia.

And even after that day according to WADA RUSADA can "plan and coordinate testing under the supervision of International Experts and the UK Anti-Doping Agency"

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2017-06/wada-permits-rusada-to-plan-and-coordinate-testing-under-the-supervision-of

So UKAD still works.

I don't know where UKAD can work outside Russia but if it will do themselves doping-test for Kulizhnikov or anybody else outside Russia - that's UKAD's test not RUSADA's and that not counted to RUSADA's stats but only in UKAD's (we don't know about its stats and ESPN too).
Anyway even if Kulizhnikov or other athletes else have 0 tests when spend their time in Russia - you have to ask UKAD first why, not RUSADA.

And there is another thing in ESPN text.

It wrote that RUSADA has conducted 3,782 tests thus far in 2017. And 2,556 in 2016 (this year was under fully UKAD control).
And of course ESPN will not write that in 2014 before UKAD's period there were 14887 tests, in 2013 even more. So those small numbers last two years - that is what UKAD asked to do but not that RUSADA wanted.

Edited by Dmitry