website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Yevgeniya Kolodko (RUS) loses her medal (in women's Shot Put) from the 2013 Indoor European Championships in Gothemburg because of doping...

the new podium places are:

Gold: Christina Schwanitz, GER (19,25m)

Silver: Alena Abramchuk, BLR (18,85m)

Bronze: Chiara Rosa, ITA (18,37m)

Source (in Italian only, unfortunately):

https://www.oasport.it/2017/09/atletica-doping-per-la-russa-kolodko-arriva-il-bronzo-europeo-per-chiara-rosa/

11 hours ago, Dragon said:

So there will be a decision on 6 Russian cross country skiers who competed in Sochi after a hearing next month.

Some of you may already know they are...

I won't mention names here but if they are found guilty only one Russian medal will remain from the sport in Sochi

Don't know the names, but I've got a feeling this show of pure comedy gold is part of it (look from 1:40) :lol:

That was a good reminder of the epic Gewiss-Ballan team in the 1994 Fleche Wallone :d  (who basically came straight out of a nucleair power plant)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

News from Russian athletics.

400m runner Maxsim Dyldin loses all his results from August 5, 2012 to May 22, 2015.

Means the Russian 4 x400 team will be disqualified from the 2013 World Championships, 2013 Universiade and 2014 European Championships.

Kirill Ikonnikov results lost from August 5, 2012 to October 8, 2016 (though 2 years in the middle of that time were already lost due to another doping case)

Dyldin 4 year ban from  January 2017

Ikonnikov 8 year ban from April 2016

http://rusathletics.info/87783

52 minutes ago, Dragon said:

News from Russian athletics.

400m runner Maxsim Dyldin loses all his results from August 5, 2012 to May 22, 2015.

Means the Russian 4 x400 team will be disqualified from the 2013 World Championships, 2013 Universiade and 2014 European Championships.

Kirill Ikonnikov results lost from August 5, 2012 to October 8, 2016 (though 2 years in the middle of that time were already lost due to another doping case)

Dyldin 4 year ban from  January 2017

Ikonnikov 8 year ban from April 2016

http://rusathletics.info/87783

Russia lost the 5th place of the Olympics Games too.

Here the medal reallocation (not confirmed yet)

2013 World Championship

Gold: :USA United States

Silver: :JAM Jamaica

Bronze: :RUS Russia 

Bronze: :GBR Great Britain

2014 European Championship

Gold: :GBR Great Britain

Silver: :RUS Russia 

Silver: :POL Poland

Bronze: :FRA France

2013 Universiade

Gold: :RUS Russia 

Gold: :CAN  Canada

Silver: :RSA South Africa

Bronze: :TUR Turkey

On 9/8/2017 at 11:51, Gianlu33 said:

:ITA Sylla and :SRB Antonijević, two volleyball player the compete in the Gran Prix Finals are positive to the same doping substance. Probabily it's a food contamination, but who know..

No suspension for Ana Antonijevic. I can't believe that she missed European championships because of meat:facepalm: China :mad: This is really funny and sad at the same time .

I don't know for Sylla.

Edited by dareza

6 hours ago, dareza said:

No suspension for Ana Antonijevic. I can't believe that she missed European championships because of meat:facepalm: China :mad: This is really funny and sad at the same time .

I don't know for Sylla.

it's the same thing...considered her values, probably she was guilty to have eaten some meat during the world grand prix...

but, despite being this a problem well known and already experimented quite a few times, I don't think that the Italian anti-doping commission will be so nice to Sylla...I expect her to get a long ban (at least 12 months)...

I'd be very surprised if our NOC fury doesn't hit Myriam very hard...

it's unfair, but that's how normally things work in this Country...be cruel with poor and weak people, be coward with the powerful mafia-men...:facepalm::wall:

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's the same thing...considered her values, probably she was guilty to have eaten some meat during the world grand prix...

but, despite being this a problem well known and already experimented quite a few times, I don't think that the Italian anti-doping commission will be so nice to Sylla...I expect her to get a long ban (at least 12 months)...

I'd be very surprised if our NOC fury doesn't hit Myriam very hard...

it's unfair, but that's how normally things work in this Country...be cruel with poor and weak people, be coward with the powerful mafia-men...:facepalm::wall:

Yeh, probabilly she'll get 12-18 months of bad.. our NADO is just fantastic something...

The Anti-Doping Agency issued a Unanimous decision. Matej Tóth did not break the rules, he is innocent. https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/298617/matej-toth-uspel-saz-zrusil-jeho-suspendaciu/

Now who will return him the entire lost season 2017 and the huge chance he had to defend his World championship title in London ?