website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

6 hours ago, Dunadan said:

http://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1052496/olympic-50km-race-walk-gold-medallist-to-miss-world-championships-after-iaaf-doping-investigation

If he loses the olympic gold, it could be the 4th time that Tallent gets an upgrade from silver to gold. :facepalm:

Apparently it has nothing to do with previous results. so the gold should be safe, the problem happened with his biological passports results this summer, but well, who know. We saw many similar problems in the past, maybe the most famous was the Czech cyclist Roman Kreuziger who was banned because of similar abnormalities in his biological passport but CAS removed it later.

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

bad news for @hckosice

yes not good to read it, but we don´t know what will happen, because it´s not like his test was positive or so, all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, it´s a nonsense. but well, you never know. I explained more about it here

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, 

To be fair, it's not like negative tests means someone isn't doping (there's the ever present system of microdosing for example, which is or at least was very hard to discover as long as you simply time the use right, like at night). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, it's not like negative tests means someone isn't doping (there's the ever present system of microdosing for example, which is or at least was very hard to discover as long as you simply time the use right, like at night). 

yep, I agree. But well, what can we do ? just wait and see. I´m certainly not trying to absurdly defend him or so, but also not starting to immediately blame and accusing him. let see the next days, for now he is suspended mainly because of these strange abnormalities in his blood (once again even WADA said him that it doesn´t automatically means a doping) which should favorized him right now during a race :)

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

yes not good to read it, but we don´t know what will happen, because it´s not like his test was positive or so, all his previous tests were always negative, so I can not understand why he would suddenly start to use doping one year after his olympic gold, it´s a nonsense. but well, you never know. I explained more about it here

I hear rumours of a medical problem causing strange readings in his biological passport