website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

2 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Well, his point of view is that he asked the team to leave his hotel room after they accused him to be bribed for the doping revelations. The team won't leave his room until Seppelt called the police. Also, Seppelt's employer (TV channel WDR) requested Rossija1 not to broadcast the interview. Against all journalistical standards they broadcasted it anyway. So there is nothing like a 'proof' that he is a strange person.

WDR requested Rossija1 not to broadcast the interview and then it's a scandal if they do it anyway? Sorry, but I gotta take the side of Rossija1 here. Seppelt has shown plenty of stuff that I'm sure other people wouldn't want broadcasted. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Только что, LowerSaxony сказал:

Well, his point of view is that he asked the team to leave his hotel room after they accused him to be bribed for the doping revelations. The team won't leave his room until Seppelt called the police. Also, Seppelt's employer (TV channel WDR) requested Rossija1 not to broadcast the interview. Against all journalistical standards they broadcasted it anyway. So there is nothing like a 'proof' that he is a strange person.

Anyway, it simply does not matter whether he is 'strange' or not. He maybe is, I don't know. Don't you see that this interview was only done to discredit him so that the viewers say 'Oh, this Seppelt is a strange person. So then the whole doping revelations are neither true.' This is what we call propaganda. And what he tweeted tonight - no, there are no proofs for his accusations as far as I know. But, this is not related to his documentation about the state-run doping system. This, however, is proofed and is based on facts.

Well, if he said so - that it is true :yes 

30 July - Hush-money agreement for not jeopardizing Osaka-Rule-RUS-IOC-Deal?

30 July - Dirty deal IOC/RUS?

1 Aug - Hush money deal in RUS?

I think it is the same provocation. Making such statements, which are read by many people and in which they believe and seriously discussing (even on this forum). Moreover, all his words are not true

I think Seppelt has some very good points and he did a fantastic job unearthing a ton of information about the state-sponsored Russian doping...at least now nobody believes the gold medals of cheats like Zaripova and Savinova anymore (let's not even mention Chegin's dirty group of walkers). However, it looks like he is trying too much to stay in the focus of attention...with these kind of things now. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

I think Seppelt has some very good points and he did a fantastic job unearthing a ton of information about the state-sponsored Russian doping...at least now nobody believes the gold medals of cheats like Zaripova and Savinova anymore (let's not even mention Chegin's dirty group of walkers). However, it looks like he is trying too much to stay in the focus of attention...with these kind of things now. 

If I understand correctly. Seppelt started a war against Thomas Bach. And these dirty provocative tweets - this is the first step in this case. http://hajoseppelt.de/2013/09/thomas-bach-the-new-lord-of-the-rings/

Edited by FC Mezhgorye

Since Sochi, where everyone could see that Bach is a friend of Putin, Bach lost a lot of support in Germany. Now his actions in the whole Russia case made it even worse. So, Seppelt doesn't need to start a war. But if you want to use this metaphor, yes he has a growing army: Harting, Pechstein of the famous athletes. Then Sörgel as former IOC member. And this other former IOC member who gave back his honours. Of course the officials of the DOSB still support Bach. 

And to Seppelt's style of interviews: I don't like it at all, because he really seems to need the camera and be in front of it. But this does not change, that he revealed a lot

vor 1 Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

WDR requested Rossija1 not to broadcast the interview and then it's a scandal if they do it anyway? Sorry, but I gotta take the side of Rossija1 here. Seppelt has shown plenty of stuff that I'm sure other people wouldn't want broadcasted. 

Nobody said that this is a scandal. It's just against journalistical rules to broadcast interviews without permisson. The Russian reporters were obviously sent to provoke a scandal in order to discredit Seppelt and his work. This video's so obviously propaganda with the intention to destroy his reputation, but viewers should not buy that unreflected. As you see in the video, they don't show the entire interview, but only some parts which make him appear in a bad light.

It is not my intention to defend him. And he shouldn't have made this tweets and accusations without any proofs. By this, it really seems he is seeking attention, I agree.

Propaganda machine at its finest. Discredit the messenger to try to dismiss his message. I can't believe some people are falling for this pseudo-dictatorship tricks.

Edited by carivan

CAS is starting to rule for the swimmers which committed previous doping violation, letting them compete at the Olympics. Morozov and Lobintsev have been cleared, Efimova is still waiting.

As I said before this was probably the easiest decision CAS has ever made, Osaka rule and everything.

Link

vor 20 Minuten schrieb JoshMartini007:

CAS is starting to rule for the swimmers which committed previous doping violation, letting them compete at the Olympics. Morozov and Lobintsev have been cleared, Efimova is still waiting.

As I said before this was probably the easiest decision CAS has ever made, Osaka rule and everything.

Link

I thought Morozov and Lobintsev were banned because of being named in McLaren Report. So they have nothing to do with Osaka rule