website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

3 minutes ago, Dejo said:

Justin Gatlin - twice banned for doping - go to Rio

Yelena Isinbayeva - negative on the all doping tests -  banned to go on OG

Justice? 

If she has been staying outside of Russia and away from the Russian state-sponsored doping system for the past 3-4 years or so, it would indeed be injustice that she can't go to Rio. Though as far as I know she hasn't been living in Monaco for a long time already. 

And no, Gatlin going to Rio is no justice. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Serbians always defend Russians, even if their whole state was engaged in doping. So the state is penalized and as the result individual athletes of this state.

Isinbayeva? Why she didn`t say the world about doping in Russia??? Maybe she silently accepted it? Doesn`t matter. Russia had to be punished - sure, some maybe clean athletes will pay this price

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

56 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The IOC believe that the representatives from CAS, who will look at the decisions of the sporting federations, will further reduce the numbers of Russians to compete in Rio

do you mean CAS will analize decision of IFs about athletes which they allow or they are going to refuse those which aren't allowed but want to ask ''justice'' at CAS?

4 hours ago, Dejo said:

Justin Gatlin - twice banned for doping - go to Rio

Yelena Isinbayeva - negative on the all doping tests -  banned to go on OG

Justice? 

Trust me, Gatlin gets no exceptions from me.  If he finishes ahead of de Grasse in the 100m I will won't take it as an official result.  

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

do you mean CAS will analize decision of IFs about athletes which they allow or they are going to refuse those which aren't allowed but want to ask ''justice'' at CAS?

The rumours are that CAS will be tougher than some federations at allowing athletes to compete but may overturn the IOC decision to ban people with prior doping convictions