website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Canadian weightlifter Christine Girard will likely have her bronze from London upgraded to a gold due to the new doping evidence.  However, it'll probably take up to 2 years.  In her words:

"It's bittersweet. I would have really liked to have had the proper ceremony, have our flag and hear that song that makes us cry on the podium, but at the same time I'm happy that it got cleared up."

She was not just robbed of the gold, she was robbed of that experience.  And who knows how many more will be after Rio due to the IOC's decision.  Like I said, maybe they should start doing victory ceremonies for the 4th and 5th places, too, especially when 'certain' athletes get a medal.  

Again in her words:

"I got tested any day, any time," added Girard. "Two days after my wedding they were at my house at six in the morning, woke up everybody in my house to test me. That's what we do in Canada, which can be annoying for athletes, but it's amazing because it's our values and we believe in true sport."

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian-girard-may-get-london-gold-1.533958

Edited by orangeman
typo

12 hours ago, LDOG said:

Kick weightlifting out. It's not popular, it's full of doping, it's unhealthy for those who practice it, etc

Higher Faster Stronger ....................   Thats the olympic motto ....................... cannot be just Higher Faster .......:p

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

13 hours ago, LDOG said:

Kick weightlifting out. It's not popular, it's full of doping, it's unhealthy for those who practice it, etc

If you change "doping" to "cheating", the same thing goes for boxing :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!