website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Ahora, tigersay said:

Zakarin can also be added to the list of people who won't participate. 

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction. 

Lol, people are sick of Efimova, I'm sick of Gatlin and Gay. But these guys will participate and fight for the medals.

About volleyball - I think that Russia will participate, president of FIVB had said about it earlier.

Gatlin makes a lot of us sick too. Hopefully there will be new anti-doping regulations that harm his ilk too. I'd argue for any offense to be punishable with 4 years. Get caught whenever and still miss the games.

5 minutes ago, uk12points said:

This rule about not being allowed to enter an athlete into the Olympics who has previously served a doping ban should be extended to all nations, then cheats could not compete on the biggest stage of all

Exactly!!, like lawyer i cant understand this diference, the same action but some are punish and some not.....

when the politics interfere, the justice disappear.

Edited by konig

44 minutes ago, carivan said:

It's about paying for your crimes. Sochi might be done and over but being banned as a nation because as a nation you cheated your way to 13 gold medals would be a fit punishment. It'd send a message that this kind of shit is unacceptable. Going with "what's done is done" is irresponsible sick enabling and a mockery of the effort and sacrifices clean athletes go through during every 4 years cycle.

Sure, and the clean russian athletes that were gonna be banned and there sacrifices during the 4 year cycle? Or because they are russian they dont have the same rights as other athletes? Banning someone for something he/ she hasnt commited is  hyprocracy. Anyone that tests possitive should fully take the punishment, but banning them beforehand, just fullfills other agendas than only clean sport.

4 minutes ago, konig said:

Exactly!!, like lawyer i cant understand this diference, the same action but some are punish and some not.....

when the politics interfere, the justice disappear.

The IOC had that rule (Osaka Rule), but it was overturned by the CAS, like most jurisdictions you only get punished once for the crime you commit. This is why I think this will be overturned, assuming someone tries to fight it.

Ahora, Federer91 said:

Sure, and the clean russian athletes that were gonna be banned and there sacrifices during the 4 year cycle? Or because they are russian they dont have the same rights as other athletes? Banning someone for something he/ she hasnt commited is  hyprocracy. Anyone that tests possitive should fully take the punishment, but banning them beforehand, just fullfills other agendas than only clean sport.

Get tested and go under the IOC flag. At the end of the day their NOC and their state were the ones that failed them and I'd regretably put the other 10000 athletes' wellbeing and fairness over theirs. But it's a nice sob story, I'll grant you that. NBC should use it for their coverage.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The IOC had that rule (Osaka Rule), but it was overturned by the CAS, like most jurisdictions you only get punished once for the crime you commit. This is why I think this will be overturned, assuming someone tries to fight it.

absolutly rigth, they are breaching the principle of innocence.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Great, I can again start recounting quotas ...

Not that many I think? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, tigersay said:

Zakarin can also be added to the list of people who won't participate. 

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction. 

Lol, people are sick of Efimova, I'm sick of Gatlin and Gay. But these guys will participate and fight for the medals.

About volleyball - I think that Russia will participate, president of FIVB had said about it earlier.

I am equally sick of Efimova, Gay and Gatlin. 

Who's worse? Both.