website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

hace 3 minutos, rybak said:

So, if Russia will not have full ban for what was this circus?

That the whole "hard stance on doping" rhetoric only applies to minnows and powerful countries can cheat as they like. Be prepared for Efimova's medal. 

EDIT: actually, never mind, looks like she's banned

Edited by carivan

3 минуты назад, carivan сказал:

That the whole "hard stance on doping" rhetoric only applies to minnows and powerful countries can cheat as they like. Be prepared for Efimova's medal. 

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction.

I think Efimova stay home

Ahora, FC Mezhgorye said:

3. The ROC is not allowed to enter any athlete for the Olympic Games Rio 2016 who has ever been sanctioned for doping, even if he or she has served the sanction.

I think Efimova stay home

Looks like she is. Good.

And tbh, for my sister's sake I hope your synchro swim and rhythmic teams do make it

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

why don't they test the athlets one day before the competition and ban who are positive

punish them after wining the Gold is very late

because in some sports you can have great advantage in taking some drugs even during the course of the event (for instance, in shooting you can benefit of being slightly drunk just before the final - once you get in - in order to calm down nerves)...

Только что, carivan сказал:

Looks like she is. Good.

And tbh, for my sister's sake I hope your synchro swim and rhythmic teams do make it

I'm not interested in athletics, swimming, weightlifting, cycling. Most dirty sports in the world. But very pleased that Rio will be our synchronized swimmers, gymnasts, volleyball and handball team, diver, wrestlers and boxers, fencers, and Stefania Elfutina (sailing)