website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think it's a national winter sport criteria back in Norway (for cc-skiing and biathlon), or so I've heard rumours :d

By that I mean that nearly all of them claim they suffer from it.

42 out of 61 Norwegian cross-country skiing medals since 1992 were taken by users of asthma medication (or at least who have spoken openly about it).

But the problem is mainly that they've been using it preventive (at least officially) meaning that also healthy skiers have been doing so. That's what's truly worrying (I don't remember if they stopped this after the Sundby case) and kind of suspicious. 

17 hours ago, Agger said:

It's a quite well known fact that more elite athletes have asthma than normal people.

we never saw them having one crisis during the races

when you do much effort you will have crisis even if you take your drugs

so they haven't asthma , they just falsified these medical documents wich will help them to use the Salbutamol/steroid/theophylline ...the cheaters

Albert Demtschenko and Tatyana Ivanova have been found guilty of doping and disqualified. This means Russia will lose it’s men’s singles and team relay silvers.

Vancouver 2010 medalists Nikita Kryukov and Ivan Skobrev have also been found guilty of doping (but will not lose their 2010 medals).

Edited by NearPup

2 hours ago, Nate River said:

Albert Demtschenko

F*ck

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

F*ck

Ya. I was hoping he wasn’t involved in all this.

I guess the silver lining for me is that Canada is going to get it’s first luge medal, though under the worst of circumstances.

Edited by NearPup

11 minutes ago, bestmen said:

We have a big difference between individual doping and state doping :evil: Almost all countries, including Algeria and Italy, had almost 1 doped athlete in their history but only few states sponsorized a doping program for their atheltes (like URSS, Eastern Germany and maybe Russia)