website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

That whole thing might mean 40-year old Dolidovich gets the 50k bronze :lol:

Although I hope gold and silver just stay vacant instead of Sundby moving on to the podium.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although I hope gold and silver just stay vacant instead of Sundby moving on to the podium.

I think you can't be upgraded if you have a doping case in the past. So I guess 5th might get silver and 6th bronze? :mumble:

Anyway, there is a case of that Greek sprinter whose silver didn't get upgraded to gold after Marion Jones' disqualification (because she had a doping case herself).

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I think you can't be upgraded if you have a doping case in the past. So I guess 5th might get silver and 6th bronze? :mumble:

Anyway, there is a case of that Greek sprinter whose silver didn't get upgraded to gold after Marion Jones' disqualification (because she had a doping case herself).

I'm pretty sure some shot putters and/or discus throwers and/or hammer throwers out there have been upgraded while having an entire hospital of doping cases in their past :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Putin officially recognized the doping problem of such proportions in Russia:

https://www.sports.ru/others/skiing/1057302402.html

But now he blames Rodchenkov in everything. Evil evil Rodchenkov drugged all the sportsmen and escaped and all the saint innocent poor Russian officials (Putin included) didn't know about it :yes:roflmao:

Russian prosecutors opened another case against Rodchenkov, they demand his extradition from the US in order to have a revenge/to jail him in Russia. Not any whistleblower of such kind is safe there. They basically order others to STFU or else ... ;)

Edited by Xander

42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm pretty sure some shot putters and/or discus throwers and/or hammer throwers out there have been upgraded while having an entire hospital of doping cases in their past :yikes:

Any particular example? :p Though if I'm not mistaken this applies only for Olympics.

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any particular example? :p Though if I'm not mistaken this applies only for Olympics.

Not off the top of my head although I'm pretty sure there's that Belarussian dude (hammer throw) who lost his medal, got his medal back, lost his medal, got his medal back etc and eventually got a high position in Belarussian sports :p 

North Korea Russian officials didn't let Rodchenkov's relatives to leave the country.

If the Schmidt panel won't take into consideration his new data he said he will publish it in the media.

Edited by Xander

PUBLIC DISCLOSURE

IWF reports that Mr. Ruslan ALBEGOV (RUS) has been charged with the violation of Article 2.2 of the IWF Anti-Doping Policy.

As a consequence, the Athlete is provisionally suspended in view of a potential anti-doping rule violation.

In any case where it is determined that the athlete did not commit an anti-doping rule violation, the relevant decision will also be published.

IWF will not make any further comments on the case until it is closed.

(Weightlifting)