website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

politics in sport is a bad think.....why nothing new on great britain's doctor and his doped athlets? why nothing about spain on doctor fuentes time ago?just russia.please I am agree to punish russian federation but I expect more fight to doping also to other countries.I hope russia will react and will investigate on other countries and more shit will come out.

11 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's not their mandate to do so, it's WADA's one. Their duty stops within their own boundaries.

Besides, seeing - among any other countries - the US and Canada calling for the ban, makes the theory of a political move credible and, in fine, downgrade the argument.

I am aware that they have nothing to do with the Final Decision, but I still don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to say what they think.

They're working for a clean sport and it would seem like Russia hasn't been soing so. Sure , there's a risk that some would see it as political, but None the less, these News about Russia paints a picture of Sports that isn't what these National anti doping organisations want.

il y a 1 minute, Agger a déclaré:

I am aware that they have nothing to do with the Final Decision, but I still don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to say what they think.

They're working for a clean sport and it would seem like Russia hasn't been soing so. Sure , there's a risk that some would see it as political, but None the less, these News about Russia paints a picture of Sports that isn't what these National anti doping organisations want.

They could simply express their concern or something similar. I maintain it's not their duty to call for WADA/IOC action and specially not before WADA made the report public.

It's like the danish football federation would have called for the ban of italian football federation after the Calciopoli scandal for exemple. They are not entitled to do so. Simply as that.

7 minut temu, De_Gambassi napisał:

They could simply express their concern or something similar. I maintain it's not their duty to call for WADA/IOC action and specially not before WADA made the report public.

It's like the danish football federation would have called for the ban of italian football federation after the Calciopoli scandal for exemple. They are not entitled to do so. Simply as that.

u don`t have to have a legal allowance to say what u think. You`re wrong because you think it`s "formal". No, it`s unformal action by those countries but what is not forbidden is allowed, they can say that they want Russia out. Find me plz any regulation disallownig it. Regulation plz, art. par.... Sure that final decision isn`t their

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Oh, more Russian haters in the thread. To be honest - if WADA really wanted to clean sport in Russia,  they should do totally different things:

1) Tell EVERY story of these scary anonymous Russian dopers(today we have no new of them)

2)Totally ban RUSADA, make all anti-doping work about Russian athletes outside of Russia and in that time try to make new clean agency inside of it with British, American - anyone who knows what should be done(today we have nearly no kind of this work)

It's known that more names - less place for political rumours and discussions.

But now we have only words about total(of course) disqualification and some clouds above events with Russian medals.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

Indeed, that's ridiculous.

By the way, since when, national anti doping agencies have a say in other countries affairs ?

They don't have a say in the sense that they can decide something, but of course they can stand up and say that "enough is enough". They are definitely allowed to voice their opinion, just like Russian officials are allowed to say it's all one big superbad Western conspiracy.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 24 minutos, De_Gambassi said:

It's a matter that affects them. Their clean athletes would risk losing medals and all their hard work to cheaters. They have every right to say that'd be unacceptable.

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

It's not their mandate to do so, it's WADA's one. Their duty stops within their own boundaries.

Their duty stops with protecting their own athletes I think...and that means raising a voice against a nation with proven state-sponsored doping. 

Just to make that clear again: state-sponsored doping. Not athletes doping on themselves.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

If the Danish football team would have been screwed by the Italian Calciopoli scandal, then they would most definitely be entitled to do so, since their job is to protect the interests of their sports. 

Edited by heywoodu

I won't answer the same thing 5 different times.

So I'll leave you with a WADA/IOC member 

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-doping-russia-report-idUSKCN0ZX0JQ

Citation

"USADA should be focused on the health of American athletes and those competing in the United States. Now it seems that USADA and the Canadians took over responsibility of WADA. Nobody entitled them to do that."

I'll add one thing though. We are not talking about personal opinions here (like ours), but governing bodies ones. Bodies that have a certained defined reach, that they clearly overpass on that occasion.

Edited by De_Gambassi