website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

20 minutes ago, hckosice said:

strong rumours about a mega scandal in Russian ice hockey!!! apparently Russia will not send their team to the upcomming Under 18 world championships because many players from the team were caught on meldonium. The Russian federation cancelled the tomorrows planned departure to USA for the World Champs which will start 14th april. the coach Vitaly Prokhorov has been immediately fired, the rumours said that the entire team will be replaced with the U17s!!! 

no, team is supposed to depart on 8th April. tomorrow open training is cancelled. but tomorrow final roster will be announced

yes, there are rumors about meldonium, but they started from yellow media. but i won't surprise if they are true...

Norwegian weightlifter Ruth Kasirye failed her doping test. Yep. Meldonium again:

http://www.vg.no/sport/doping/norsk-ol-flaggbaerer-testet-positivt-paa-meldonium-mitt-ansvar/a/23653671/

She had tested positive after being treated with meldonium while receiving medical treatment in Uganda.

4 days before European Weightlifting Championships in Norway.

http://www5.biathlonworld.com/ru/press-releases.html/do/detail?presse=2844

Meanwhile IBU delayed rulings on meldonium cases of Abramova & Tyshchenko "as the results of a pilot study conducted by the expert called by the Panel contradicted the present state of literature on Meldonium".

The results of the WADA-study are expected for no later than September.

Imo, they will be given 1 year ban.

Edited by Xander

On 3.04.2016 at 0:08 AM, heywoodu said:

My point about this is that it's a) easier to believe and b) more logical that countries where "glory to the Motherland" (or some communist stuff) through sports is so incredibly important, are doping with state help.

For example here in the Netherlands we don't have this extreme "glory to the Motherland" feeling and I don't think there is state-run doping here. Obviously I think there is doping here, but I think it's more private or arranged by the teams itself instead of coming from the sports federations and authorities.

But my main point stays the same: it is a sign of huge weakness when people are saying "Stop it, it's a conspiracy from the big bad wolf against us!" instead of "We're gonna do all we can to clean up this shit". 

1. XX athletes from country X get caught

2. People in country X respond by saying "omg, conspiracy against us, we're the victims!!"

That doesn't make it any more believable. 

oh western europeans who live with 80s propaganda about former communist countries...:d

our or Ukrainian athletes have the same motivation as Dutch, i assure you, plz don`t go back to middle ages :p, and yes, i`m sure there is a doping in each country, Netherlands too. In Russia they have so much of it not to "die for mothercountry" :lol: but to......qualify to national team (they have so many good athletes that they cheat, but in private interest not some former national pride, c`mon, come back to earth :) )

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Sportsmen who can be proclaimed innocent by WADA:

Andrey Rybakov (BLR)

Yulia Yefimova (RUS)

Pavel Kulizhnikov (RUS)

Semen Elistratov (RUS)

Andrey Minzhulin (RUS)

Nadezhda Kotlyarova (RUS)

Gulshat Fazlitdinova (RUS)

Olga Vovk (RUS)

Alexander Markin (RUS)

Artyom Tyshchenko (UKR)

etc.

However they still have to prove that they consumed it before January 1.

The 1st hearings coming in a 2 weeks.

ps. According to the 1st results of the WADA study, meldonium eliminates from the body in 1 month & longer.

1 µg - 100ng ---> 3 weeks and more

100ng - less ---> few months

Edited by Xander

9 minutes ago, Xander said:

Sportsmen who can be proclaimed innocent by WADA:

Andrey Rybakov (BLR)

Yulia Yefimova (RUS)

Pavel Kulizhnikov (RUS)

Semen Elistratov (RUS)

Andrey Minzhulin (RUS)

Nadezhda Kotlyarova (RUS)

Gulshat Fazlitdinova (RUS)

Olga Vovk (RUS)

Alexander Markin (RUS)

Artyom Tyshchenko (UKR)

etc.

However they still have to prove that they consumed it before January 1.

The 1st cases coming in a 2 weeks.

ps. According to the 1st results of the WADA study, meldonium eliminates from the body in 1 month & longer.

1 µg - 100ng ---> 3 weeks and more

100ng - less ---> few months

well,I think this is good news. Maybe some athlete is tested for example in 7.1. and he used this before 20.12. so I think it is not his fault.