website statistics

Ski Jumping 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Three out of three for Stoch so far in the Summer Grand Prix, although yesterday in Einsiedeln he had to share the win with Zyla :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Evgeniy Klimov takes the win in Courchevel, the first ever Russian World Cup or Grand Prix victory :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Klimov wins the Summer Grand Prix, which was already known after his 4th place last weekend in Hinzenbach. Today's SGP final in Klingenthal was cancelled because of the wind, so now it's really on to the winter.

Good news from Severin Freund meanwhile, he got a daughter a few days ago and his injury is gone, he is training again :)

http://www.fis-ski.com/ski-jumping/news-multimedia/news/article=good-news-from-severin-freund.html

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Klimov wins the Summer Grand Prix, which was already known after his 4th place last weekend in Hinzenbach. Today's SGP final in Klingenthal was cancelled because of the wind, so now it's really on to the winter.

Good news from Severin Freund meanwhile, he got a daughter a few days ago and his injury is gone, he is training again :)

http://www.fis-ski.com/ski-jumping/news-multimedia/news/article=good-news-from-severin-freund.html

Me: Klimov wins the Summer Grand Prix, must mean he's also going to win the World cup. Betting all my money on Klimov as winner.

Billedresultat for betting money gif

Me, after the season is over:

Billedresultat for i'm poor gif

Edited by wumo26

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

Me: Klimov wins the Summer Grand Prix, must mean he's also going to win the World cup. Betting all my money on Klimov as winner,

Me, after the season is over:

:lol:

To be fair, Klimov is definitely good, but he's not (yet) the World Cup final classification winning kind of good :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

:lol:

To be fair, Klimov is definitely good, but he's not (yet) the World Cup final classification winning kind of good :p 

Hopefully he can do better than Sakuyama, when he won the Summer Grand Prix in 2015: 

World Cup Overall: 47

image.png.b5783a26968e033615b3bdbb67c938af.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I've been looking for some old (pre-2005) ski jumping events - recordings of television broadcasts of World Cup, Olympic Games etc. I've collected since few years and gathered over 100 videos that I'd love to exchange for other rare things. If anyone has such a collection too - just let me know right here or via email. I'll surely answer:)

Best regards!