website statistics

Ice Hockey 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

Il 27/8/2018 Alle 16:00, intoronto ha scritto:

The KHL is looking to add a team in Dubai! Wow.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

but if they already play in the desert lands of China (they don't even release the official audience of those games, since they would get ashamed by that), nothing's gonna surprise me anymore by them...:whistle:

5 hours ago, phelps said:

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

but if they already play in the desert lands of China (they don't even release the official audience of those games, since they would get ashamed by that), nothing's gonna surprise me anymore by them...:whistle:

Which team is that?

7 minuti fa, intoronto ha scritto:

Which team is that?

the Kunlun Red Star...they play their matches half in Beijing and half in Shanghai...and in both sites they don't have more than 1,000 spectators per game (and in Beijing they normally play in the big hall used for Gymnastics at the 2008 Games)...

of course I didn't mean they literally play in the desert, but that it's like if they did it (since they always play in those big empty arenas)...

p.s. last year they also played a warm-up match in Ulan Baatar (MGL), which is not so different than playing in the desert (even if they had more spectators in that match than in their actual home games)...

38 minuti fa, hckosice ha scritto:

New Slovak National Team jersey :)

TKev8i0ZSsrjptnWvbs9Tg~Nov-slovensk-dres

more pics

Mostra contenuto

LuEm2w-nSwK5t7XRQ78ZbQ.2560~SZ-H-predsta

m8d84ZH2TrfX7eft-AidfQ.2560~SZ-H-predsta

B3f9g17lQ36Rn3V2ZUunzA~Nov-slovensk-dres

YVJaDzjNRorwlO9Z-r3MOQ~Nov-slovensk-dres

The whole photo gallery here https://sport.aktuality.sk/fotogaleria/354666/velke-zmeny-v-slovenskom-hokeji-zvaz-predstavil-nove-logo-a-reprezentacne-dresy/1/

tbh, I liked a lot more last year's...:crazy:

p.s. not a good start of the season for Slovan in the KHL, too...:cry::facepalm:

for Slovak hockey, it's definitely not the best moment in its history...

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

tbh, I liked a lot more last year's...:crazy:

p.s. not a good start of the season for Slovan in the KHL, too...:cry::facepalm:

for Slovak hockey, it's definitely not the best moment in its history...

Yep, quite different design, since peoples were used to the classical logo we had in the last 20 years, this change is a bit brutal :p  At least they kept the national emblem as the main thing, just changed the three peaks by 3 raised sticks - symbolizing victory as players raise their sticks after scoring a goal :d

Well, the positive is that this is still by far better than the Olympic PC 2018 trash :yes

Slovan had a very bad start, that´s sure, but it´s still only the start of the season, and they started with a very hard trip. I think this year they have a really good squad, so they just need maybe few more games to adapt more and I am confident this year they´ll reach the play-offs. Today they play in Yekaterinburg and hopefully they´ll finally got some positive result boost

a quick recap of SVK hockey jerseys evolution :d

Czechoslovakia 1920´s-1938

Spoiler

49aa1517-764b-406b-9ad0-559c27c2210a.jpg

Slovakia World War II 1940´s

Spoiler

HvZ7Fb4_ShfRs_6Zy2p1lw.jpg?t=LzgwMHg0NTAimage.png

Czechoslovakia 1947

Spoiler

3561246_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Czechoslovakia 1970´s

Spoiler

3561245_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Czechoslovakia 1980´s

Spoiler

legendy03.mp4.36321-03.jpg

Czech and Slovak Federative Republic 1992

Spoiler

ea0172583ccaa65206c5ceec347b_w833_h1258_

Slovakia 1994

Spoiler

106410-marian-smerciak-pavol-paukovcek-n

Slovakia 1996

Spoiler

eAc6OQACQDOuDq79zGLlsQ~hokej-slovensko-s

Slovakia 2000´s

Spoiler

3561262_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Slovakia 2006

Spoiler

3561257_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Slovakia World Championships 2008 (Special Retro jerseys 100 years of IIHF)

Spoiler

o_retro1.jpg

Slovakia 2011

Spoiler

3561238_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Friendly matches and tournaments edition 2011-2017 (with homage for Pavol Demitra (38))

Spoiler

3561259_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Slovakia 2014 with the national Anthem lyrics

Spoiler

3561249_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

Slovakia, Winter Olympics 2018

Spoiler

image.png

Slovakia 2018

Spoiler

3560488_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

4 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

Yep, quite different design, since peoples were used to the classical logo we had in the last 20 years, this change is a bit brutal :p  At least they kept the national emblem as the main thing, just changed the three peaks by 3 raised sticks - symbolizing victory as players raise their sticks after scoring a goal :d

Well, the positive is that this is still by far better than the Olympic PC 2018 trash :yes

Slovan had a very bad start, that´s sure, but it´s still only the start of the season, and they started with a very hard trip. I think this year they have a really good squad, so they just need maybe few more games to adapt more and I am confident this year they´ll reach the play-offs. Today they play in Yekaterinburg and hopefully they´ll finally got some positive result boost

naaa...this time Slovan was very unlucky...they lost just at the last second of OT (after tying the game with less than a minute to go)...:cry::facepalm:

but at least they got their 1st point in the standings...better than nothing...;)