website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

6 godzin temu, hckosice napisał:

Petra Vlhová with some really nice run of luck. just 3 minutes before she left this car

755595a6-f8a1-4230-84f1-1eb137245b85.png

Oh my... Minutes from death...

(Also, I love the fact, that I can understand everything she wrote, because it's almost Polish)

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

3 Minutes after she parked the car, some fool idiot in high speed arrived from the other side and you know the rest, couldn´t brake, resulting in heavy crash the car literally flew until the nearest road sign.

Certain death, real Luck that none was in the car

Oh she was actually driving that car herself :yikes:

Thanks, thank luck she escaped..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

At a World Cup meeting held on Friday 28th September in Zurich. Two things were discussed regarding the future of the World Cup.

- An unofficial proposal has been made about reducing the quotas for the Top 30 nations in World Cup.

- Harmonizing the parallel skiing event rules, which mean, finding one format that could be used in the 2019/20 season. 

Both discussion points will be either further discussed or decided upon at the next meeting in Dubrovnik in the spring.

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/news/article=the-stage-set-for-the-alpine-world-cup-2018.html

Edited by wumo26

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Noooo!!!! A with that comes the end of childhood, literally (I mean literally, cause I celebrated an Olympic birthday, and it was great). I’m so sad to see her retire, but it was in the back of my mind that she  might

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Noooo!!!! A with that comes the end of childhood, literally (I mean literally, cause I celebrated an Olympic birthday, and it was great). I’m so sad to see her retire, but it was in the back of my mind that she  might

No worries, I'm sure she'll manage to steal everyone's thunder and demand every bit of attention even when she's not competing anymore :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

No worries, I'm sure she'll manage to steal everyone's thunder and demand every bit of attention even when she's not competing anymore :p

Well, unlike several attention seekers these days, Vonn has actually managed to win a race or two she entered.... Besides I believe there's more drama in the US figure skating these days and their results are only getting worse...

• 2 weeks later...

Completely missed that a few weeks ago, but Melanie Meillard is already out for the entire season :cry:

Her knee injury from right before the Olympics hasn't recovered well and she has to get a new surgery (which by now maybe she had).

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Completely missed that a few weeks ago, but Melanie Meillard is already out for the entire season :cry:

Her knee injury from right before the Olympics hasn't recovered well and she has to get a new surgery (which by now maybe she had).

She has had her surgery and it went well, according to her instagram. Hopefully she will beack soon :cheer:

image.png.9d287ef8969c90ac2fe448566fedc61b.png