website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

Totallympics

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

France :yikes::bowdown:

Kromowidjojo is really not in top shape yet. Again.

Unfortunately she isn't, but Femke Heemskerk was pretty good. And Kira Toussaint :thumbup:, I like her mentality.

After all the gold medals in the 4x100 freestyle relay, today's silver is a little bit a disappointment ... :(

1 minute ago, CCB said:

Unfortunately she isn't, but Femke Heemskerk was pretty good. And Kira Toussaint :thumbup:, I like her mentality.

After all the gold medals in the 4x100 freestyle relay, today's silver is a little bit a disappointment ... :(

Actually not that many in Europe :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_Aquatics_Championships_medalists_in_swimming_(women)#4_×_100_meter_freestyle

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

You're right!! Well, not in Europe, but from 2008 to 2011 at Olympic and World level.

2 silver medal for Italy today, but I can't be satisfied with that...Cusinato didn't improve from the Settecolli meet last month and therefore she missed out on gold, rather than winning silver (in Italy all the people are happy, but to me that's only losing mentality)...

and the men's relay definitely underperformed for 3 legs out of 4...only the anchor leg by Miressi (46.99 for him) is a flesh of light in today's action...

tomorrow Paltrinieri will start his campaign and in the afternoon we'll see if Quadarella is really ready to improve herself by a lot and become the no.2 in the world on the 800m free (I'm a big fan of her...and I hope that sooner or later she's gonna be the fastest woman in the world in the middle distance races behind the untouchable Ledecky...but I'm not sure she's already that good, probably not yet)...

Edited by phelps

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

2 silver medal for Italy today, but I can't be satisfied with that...Cusinato didn't improve from the Settecolli meet last month and therefore she missed out on gold, rather than winning silver (in Italy all the people are happy, but to me that's only losing mentality)...

Come on, give an 18-year old a bit of a break :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Come on, give an 18-year old a bit of a break :p 

well, I'm not blaming her for being happy (it's her 1st long course international medal, she's a 10-star student, she's a nice girl)...

I'm blaming coaches and media here in Italy who totally forgot that she did better than today just 1 month ago (which is not a good thing, it's just another case when Italian athletes don't give their best in the most important race of the year)...

so, it's a good result for her, but still somehow disappointing (and nobody seems to express this kind of feeling here)...

p.s. she's also supposed to be our strongest woman after Pellegrini's era, so, it's quite normal to have high expectations about her...

Dont think any of the medallists today would currently be able to win a medal at world level. Dont see any of them winning a medal in 2020, maybe except for Russia in mens 4 x 100 relay.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb phelps:

well, I'm not blaming her for being happy (it's her 1st long course international medal, she's a 10-star student, she's a nice girl)...

I'm blaming coaches and media here in Italy who totally forgot that she did better than today just 1 month ago (which is not a good thing, it's just another case when Italian athletes don't give their best in the most important race of the year)...

so, it's a good result for her, but still somehow disappointing (and nobody seems to express this kind of feeling here)...

p.s. she's also supposed to be our strongest woman after Pellegrini's era, so, it's quite normal to have high expectations about her...

What is a 10-star student? Both her and Quadarella have the potential to win medals at a global level in the future, although neither of them is close to being a favorite for a medal in 2020. Apart from Paltrinieri and Detti your best chances might be Miressi and Martinenghi.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

Sure, but I think media and fans being happy with a silver medal is a lot more helpful and motivating for an 18-year old girl who just won her first main medal than people critizising her right on the same day and saying "yeah but a month ago you were faster and with that you would have won gold today, this is disappointing!".