Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Totallympics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

dcro    2,466
Posted (edited)

Ryan :yikes:

Fastest time in the World this season.

Edited by dcro

heywoodu    2,972

Kromowidjojo barely survived, 24,82 seconds, where 24,94 would have meant she would be out.

dcro    2,466
Posted (edited)

Commentator managed to mistake Iceland for Israel. :bowdown: Twice.

Edited by dcro
  • Haha 1

Gianlu33    837

57.89 for Adam Peaty in the morning session :bowdown:

wumo26    33
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

57.89 for Adam Peaty in the morning session :bowdown:

Which is championship record. Not bad at all :thumbup:

Werloc    833

Woah, I'm surprised. Meilutytė swam close to her NR in 50 free and actually made the semi-final. Perhaps she's in these championships with some sort of form after all?

In other news, both Šidlauskas and Titenis in the semi of 100 breaststroke, but they'll need to work a bit better if they want to secure the final.

Lastly, even Gytis Stankevičius was close to the semi-final, another thing that I did not expect. Now there's the relay left.

heywoodu    2,972

What do you guys and girls think about the rule that says only two athletes per country can advance to the semi finals? Personally I think it's rather stupid...not specifically that two is not enough, but mostly that you're allowing multiple athletes to start but simply because of nationality, at least one might have to leave even though he or she is good enough. Why not simply say "Ok, two athletes per country per event as maximum"?

heywoodu    2,972

Denmark and Poland tied for 8th in the 4x100 W :lol: I wonder if they'll have a 9 lane final or a swim-off :d 

And also: Sweden out.

Gianlu33    837
7 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

What do you guys and girls think about the rule that says only two athletes per country can advance to the semi finals? Personally I think it's rather stupid...not specifically that two is not enough, but mostly that you're allowing multiple athletes to start but simply because of nationality, at least one might have to leave even though he or she is good enough. Why not simply say "Ok, two athletes per country per event as maximum"?

I think that they want more athlete for have more heats but they also want have more NOCs in semifinals/finals for the TV, you know :p I think that they should allow all 3 atlethes to qualify in semifinals/final, like in athletics

• Like 1

wumo26    33
Just now, heywoodu said:

Denmark and Poland tied for 8th in the 4x100 W :lol: I wonder if they'll have a 9 lane final or a swim-off :d 

The Danish commentators say it's going to be a swim-off for the last place. 

heywoodu    2,972
Just now, wumo26 said:

The Danish commentators say it's going to be a swim-off for the last place. 

The Dutch co-commentator (Inge Dekker :p) said she is kinda expecting a nine lane final, but I'm definitely curious what it's gonna be.

dcro    2,466
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I really hope we once see a tie for 8th place in 1500 m. :lol:

• Haha 1