website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yes, our oldest record on the women's field is back from 1983, Ana Ambrazienė with 54.02 in women's 400m. Hurdles and only 11 days later it's the record (3:27.54) in 4x400m relay.

On the men's field, it's back 1969, Vladimiras Dudinas ran the 3000m. Steeplechase in 8:22.2

Although, we have some insane records that I think will never be broken, like Galina Murašova with 72.14 in women's discus. 20.27 by Danguolė Bimbaitė in shot put seems pretty unreachable too.

As for the men's, Benjaminas Viluckis looks scary in hammer throw with 82.24 (I don't know when was the last time we threw a hammer at least 70m, it's pretty much a joke discipline in Lithuania nowadays). Also, everyone is speculating if Gudžius is talented enough to go after 73.88 set by Alekna back in 2000.

Hmm... I don't see it tbh. It's right up there with Schult's WR and it would be a huge upset if anyone goes beyond 73 or 74m again. Malachowski had like one epic throw in Hengelo and that was "only" 71,84m. It seems pretty similar to Sedykh's WR in the hammer. We've had three guys capable of throwing well over 80m in the last 20 years but they won't get nowhere near that record.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Hmm... I don't see it tbh. It's right up there with Schult's WR and it would be a huge upset if anyone goes beyond 73 or 74m again. Malachowski had like one epic throw in Hengelo and that was "only" 71,84m. It seems pretty similar to Sedykh's WR in the hammer. We've had three guys capable of throwing well over 80m in the last 20 years but they won't get nowhere near that record.

Yup, that Discus record is pretty sick, though I'm still waiting for Gudžius to at least break the 70m mark.

40 minutes ago, Xander said:

Dafuq is going on with women's 10000m results?:mumble:  Serdyuk finished 4th right after Bahta, it was on video. With 32:19.79. But they gave her DNF.

I think Serdyuk was lapped but for some reason thought she was on the same lap as Bahta so tried to outsprint her...she was certainly nowhere near the Swede for most of the race.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Werloc:

In all honesty, this peaked my curiosity. What is the most recent senior German record that was broken?

If we are only talking about olympic events then its the womens 3000 m SC record by Gesa Krause from last year (9:11.85), on the mens side its in the javelin throw by Johannes Vetter (94.44 m). The oldest record on the mens side is the long jump record from Lutz Dombrowski (8.54 m, 1980). Both Sebastian Bayer (8.49 m in 2009) and Christian Reif (8.49 m in 2014) came close to it quite recently but couldnt break it. The second oldest record on the mens side is 3:31.58 by Thomas Wessinghage in the 1500 m from 1980. Homiyu Tesfaye came close to it in 2014 with a time of 3:31.98. The third oldest record on the mens side is 47.48 s in the 400 m hurdles by Harald Schmid from 1982, no other german ever came within a second of that time.

On the womens side the oldest record is 21.71 s by Marita Koch in the 200 m from 1979, Heike Drechsler tied that record in 1986. The second oldest record is 22.45 m in womens shot put by Ilona Slupianek from 1980 and the 3rd oldest record is 3:57.71 in the 1500 m by Christiane Wartenberg from 1980 as well, Konstanze Klosterhalfen came close to it last year with her time of 3:58.92.

The oldest indoor records on the mens side are: 45.05 s in the 400 m by Thomas Schönlebe from 1988, 2.42 m by Carlo Thränhardt in the high jump from 1988 and 22.55 m in the shot put by Ulf Timmermann from 1989.

The oldest indoor records on the womens side are: 21.59 m in the shot put by Ilona Slupianek from 1979, 50.01 s in the 400 m by Sabine Busch from 1984 and 4:03.64 by Brigitte Kraus in the 1500 m from 1985 (Konstanze Klosterhalfen came within 0.36 s of that record this year).

The most recent indoor records are 8:36.01 in womens 3000 m by Konstanze Klosterhalfen from this year and on the mens side 17.52 m in the triple jump by Max Heß from last year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

You clearly havent read any interviews by Christoph Harting so far, he said that his goal is to throw 80 m, so throwing 73 m or 74 m will be no problem for him.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

Or did you mean the oldest German NR? That probably dates back to the unholy deceased DDR :whistle:

It's safe to say Marlies Gohr, Marita Koch and Heike Drechsler will keep their records for a while yet :raspberry:

Drechslers long jump record of 7.48 m is untouchable, the same is true for Kochs 400 m record of 47.60 s, but the 200 m record of 21.71 s and especially the 100 m record of 10.81 s dont seem completely out of reach. The 100 m record was set with a tailwind of +1.7 m/s, which converts to 10.91 s with 0.0 m/s wind, so Lückenkemper probably wouldnt be that far off if she would get perfect conditions. Also keep in mind that 200 m actually is her better event and that she ran 22.41 s (with +2.3 m/s wind) 3 years ago when her 100 m PB was still 11.25 s (with +0.9 m/s wind, which converts to 11.31 s with 0.0 m/s wind). She wasnt able to train the 200 m recently because it would have been too much stress, but i think in the end this will turn out to be her better event (given how poor her start is).

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

I'd care if we're talking about Gohr, Koch or Drechsler records! :evil:  

Our women's shot put record is from June 1976, second oldest is Irena Szewinska's old 400m World Record from Montreal OG and that will probably stand for the next 40 years :p  Our SP record holder says she's got a special bottle of champagne ready when Guba finally beats the record (she's 20 cm short atm).

I don't care about fencing and swimming, these sports are rather boring though we've had success in both.

But we probably have a better shot at winning the overall medal table than Germany here :cool: 

Yes, Poland will finish ahead of Germany in the medal table her, but i am pretty sure that GB will win the medal table. They already have 2 golds + 5 more pretty safe gold medals (mens 4 x 100 m, womens 4 x 100 m, womens 200 m, mens 400 m, womens 1500 m). I dont see Poland getting to 7 gold medals, 6 would be the maximum probably.

4 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

You clearly havent read any interviews by Christoph Harting so far, he said that his goal is to throw 80 m, so throwing 73 m or 74 m will be no problem for him.

I'd love a bet with Christoph about whether or not he'll break 80 meters. I'm hoping for his sake he's got a bit more realism in his bones than thinking it's actually legtimitely possible to go 6 meters further than they did in the heydays of doping yourself up with everything in store.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Forecast for the heptathlon that starts today:

http://www.ten7events.com/2018-ec-7/standings-sorted-by-forecasts/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'd love a bet with Christoph about whether or not he'll break 80 meters. I'm hoping for his sake he's got a bit more realism in his bones than thinking it's actually legtimitely possible to go 6 meters further than they did in the heydays of doping yourself up with everything in store.

Who says he doesn't plan to dope? :p

#banbestmen