website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Dragon:

Should be very close between Poland, Great Britain and Germany on the medal table.

The feeling here is that Britain could win 7 gold medals in the shorter races but not a lot in other events.

Also France (men's 100 m, men's 800 m, men's 110 m hurdles, men's 3000 m SC, men's pole vault, men's triple jump, men's decathlon, women's triple jump).

GB probably won't win much apart from sprints, women's 1500 m and maybe men's 20 km race walking/women's long jump, but that should be enough to win the medal table.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

42 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Can anyone tell me the chances of Ivet Lalova and what kind of results (if any) she has had this year? :mumble:I haven't seen any information about her season at all. 

https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/bulgaria/ivet-lalova-collio-183664

Bookmakers have her as 4th favourite in the 100m (but way behind the clearly leading trio of Asher-Smith, Schippers and Kambundji). I guess a medal could be possible if she somehow finds a huge step-up in form, but judging by her results so far, she'd need someone else to fail basically :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 12 horas, OlympicsFan said:

Haha, i like your humor!

A cuban athlete not starting at EUROPEAN championships would devaluate the event ... :lol:

Having one cuban athlete (Ortega) steal medals from EUROPEAN athletes at EUROPEAN championships is enough for me.

Would be amazing if IAAF would never allow him to compete for Portugal, maybe then Portugal/Spain/Azerbaijan/Turkey/GB will realize that they have to develop their own athletes instead of just naturalizing as much foreign athletes as they can.

This argument is so cheap.....

Spain has only 3 athletes selected for the European Champs that previously represented other countries. Trihas Gebre and Lois Maikel Martinez, who are married to spaniards and Orlando Ortega, who is living in Spain since he deflected Cuba.

So really tell me right now how much Spain relay on naturalizing athletes having three of almost 97........

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Bookmakers have her as 4th favourite in the 100m (but way behind the clearly leading trio of Asher-Smith, Schippers and Kambundji). I guess a medal could be possible if she somehow finds a huge step-up in form, but judging by her results so far, she'd need someone else to fail basically :p 

Thanks! :yes I think she has more faith in the 200, not much practise for the 100 from what i know.

1 час назад, bestmen сказал:

delegations bocked in the  airport of Berlin , no transportation no hôtel 

photo-1346416670376-5-0.jpg

fullsizerender-2884277.jpg?itok=c7tIQdV_

Is it April 1st or something? :lol:

Everything is alright at the airport. The 1st pic is from 2012, Frankfurt. The 2nd one is from February, Marseille.

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Very generous of the bookmakers considering she's only ranked 12th in Europe this year.

I think she might reach the final of the 200m.

3 hours ago, Xander said:

Is it April 1st or something? :lol:

Everything is alright at the airport. The 1st pic is from 2012, Frankfurt. The 2nd one is from February, Marseille.

Well trying to deflect from the disaster the African Championships appear to be, causes this.