website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

11 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

so good for Europe that Belgian has won, i`m soooo happy

Yes, celebrations all over Europe for a European winning the European championships! Never saw that coming!

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Why is it good for Europe?

This way Europe keeps up the 100% medal score at these European Championships, duh. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

Singning the Polish anthem a capella was panned by everyone here in Poland. Apparently the organizers had to apologize for this idea and then played the classic music version after that. Moreover Haratyk criticized the idea of having a shot put competition in the city. He said that's good enough for these paid meetings but a championship event should be held exclusively in the stadium. So, no this event doesn't get top marks from Polish athletics at all.

The shot put competition does have nothing to do with the victory ceremony, so it makes no sense to even mention it here. The a capella national anthems were embarrassing indeed, but they already changed that. I am not surprised that polish athletes found a reason to criticize (given the political situation in Poland), but obviously they dont understand that athletics has to get closer to the actual people if it wants to keep their interest. The victory ceremony is bringing the athletes as close to the actual fans as never before and the huge majority of athletes was absolutely happy about this format for the victory ceremonies.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Pavlo:

oh c`mon - Przybyłko, i hope you can keep positive distance from it

You mean because of his last name? Like Baumgart is a german last name and therefore germany won a gold medal for Poland?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minut temu, Dunadan napisał:

Why is it good for Europe?

not all nations use foreign athletes to pretend they are strong, not all nations and not all people feel it`s normal. My mind is clear about it, it`s easy shortcut but it`s a lie. I mean that it`s legal etc but it is a bit...hmmm.....unfair. Well...maybe each nation has 3 marathon runners from Africa - Iceland too...isn`t it a farce a bit? Not my problem

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

The shot put competition does have nothing to do with the victory ceremony, so it makes no sense to even mention it here. The a capella national anthems were embarrassing indeed, but they already changed that. I am not surprised that polish athletes found a reason to criticize (given the political situation in Poland), but obviously they dont understand that athletics has to get closer to the actual people if it wants to keep their interest. The victory ceremony is bringing the athletes as close to the actual fans as never before and the huge majority of athletes was absolutely happy about this format for the victory ceremonies.

Politics has nothing to do with it, Haratyk simply said he doesn't like the idea of a championship event being held in a city rather than a stadium, period.

8 minut temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

You mean because of his last name? Like Baumgart is a german last name and therefore germany won a gold medal for Poland?

no - i mean he is a Pole and his brothers feel Polish, you see - because of such people like you this forum is difficult to bear, i just joked and ur making sth of it as always, as always in negative meaning, you are not able to do anything else

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it