website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

I agree with you about this competition being far less important than the world champs/olympics, but i dont agree about most of the rest. How was Malachowski expected to medal? The same is true for mens 4 x 400 relay. For me GB and Belgium were probably the favorites for gold/silver and it was maybe 55/45 between Spain and Poland for bronze. In mens pole vault Lavillenie/Duplantis for me were the clear favorites for gold and silver. I thought bronze would be between the polish guys, Morgunov and maybe Holzdeppe, so maybe Poland was favorite to win bronze in the pole vault, but not the clear favorite.

Poland had three clear favorites, Kszczot, Wlodarczyk & either Fajdek or Nowicki. The rest was on the wishlist. So if we're talking CLEAR favorites, Poland executed 100%.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Poland had three clear favorites, Kszczot, Wlodarczyk & either Fajdek or Nowicki. The rest was on the wishlist. So if we're talking CLEAR favorites, Poland executed 100%.

Haratyk? 4x400m womens also i think.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I agree with you about this competition being far less important than the world champs/olympics, but i dont agree about most of the rest. How was Malachowski expected to medal? The same is true for mens 4 x 400 relay. For me GB and Belgium were probably the favorites for gold/silver and it was maybe 55/45 between Spain and Poland for bronze. In mens pole vault Lavillenie/Duplantis for me were the clear favorites for gold and silver. I thought bronze would be between the polish guys, Morgunov and maybe Holzdeppe, so maybe Poland was favorite to win bronze in the pole vault, but not the clear favorite.

Level on world champ/olympics is far more higher, only sad that next wc in october. How many medals Germany will win  in Doha? 10?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb GoPoland:

Level on world champ/olympics is far more higher, only sad that next wc in october. How many medals Germany will win  in Doha? 10?

Very likely not. My guess is something between four and eight, depending on the athletes' shape and a bit on luck. Our best result in recent years were the London Olympics with 9 medals in athletics.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Monzanator:

Yeah, that was my point, amazing performance for Poland. I think they will also be the best european nation at the next big events, concerning number of golds, not number of medals. Poland has 2 pretty safe gold medals, which will be pretty hard for all other european nations to do. For Germany this was a good competition, although many medal contenders didnt deliver (Heß, Holzdeppe, C. Harting, Linke, Ringer, mens 4 x 100 m relay, Klosterhalfen) and others were missing due to injuries (Lisa Mayer, Lisa Ryzih, Silke Spiegelburg, Kai Kazmirek, Rico Freimuth, Michael Schrader). I think the best possible realistic result for Germany would have been 23 medals (19 + Heß/Harting/Linke/Klosterhalfen). Holzdeppe and the mens 4 x 100 m relay wouldnt even have won a medal if in top shape.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, GoPoland said:

Haratyk? 4x400m womens also i think.

Haratyk and 4x400 were nowhere near the hammer throwers in terms of being the favourite :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, that was my point, amazing performance for Poland. I think they will also be the best european nation at the next big events, concerning number of golds, not number of medals. Poland has 2 pretty safe gold medals, which will be pretty hard for all other european nations to do. For Germany this was a good competition, although many medal contenders didnt deliver (Heß, Holzdeppe, C. Harting, Linke, Ringer, mens 4 x 100 m relay, Klosterhalfen) and others were missing due to injuries (Lisa Mayer, Lisa Ryzih, Silke Spiegelburg, Kai Kazmirek, Rico Freimuth, Michael Schrader). I think the best possible realistic result for Germany would have been 23 medals (19 + Heß/Harting/Linke/Klosterhalfen). Holzdeppe and the mens 4 x 100 m relay wouldnt even have won a medal if in top shape.

I would be very happy if we win at least 5 medals in world champ and olympics. I think Germany and Great Britain will win more medals.

I think i witnessed one of the greatest pole vault competitions , if it's the greatest , Duplantis :bowdown: What a hero 6.05 that was just insane , 3 athletes cleared 5.95 m , 5.90 which was made by Lisek was not enough for bronze just WOW and great victory for Evora as well , the Israeli girl was seriously unlucky and i feel sorry for her but she made a disastrous technical Fault , the question is why she was disqualified i remember Mo Farah  stopped to drink water during some races and contine his race without any problems