website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

France and Italy profit from their former status as colonial Empires. Crippa only makes some noise because he 's apparently half-good. Bit like Mo Farah who was GB's poster boy despite being a poor Somalian kid. The colonial Empires are still doing very well indeed.

Colonial Empires have nothing to do with this.

Ennaoui has been living in Poland since she was a baby. She has a Polish parent. She's Polish.

In the same way, Crippa has been living in Italy since he was a baby. He has two Italian parents. He's Italian.

There's no difference between them and nothing else to say.

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Colonial Empires have nothing to do with this.

Ennaoui has been living in Poland since she was a baby. She has a Polish parent. She's Polish.

In the same way, Crippa has been living in Italy since he was a baby. He has two Italian parents. He's Italian.

There's no difference between them and nothing else to say.

Ecxept that he's an Ethiopian orphan and Ethiopia was a part of the Italian colony. Morocco was never a Polish colony to begin with. But if UK had Farah then you can have Crippa. Colonial Empires always get the rub of the green :cool:

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So what, someone who happens to be Kenyan or Ethiopian moves to let's say Denmark, for reasons that have nothing to do with athletics, turns out to be the fastest runner there and then should be ignored by the federation or something? All in the name of 'justice for the true Europeans'? 

Nice reference to Wilson Kipketer there ;)

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Ecxept that he's an Ethiopian orphan and Ethiopia was a part of the Italian colony. Morocco was never a Polish colony to begin with. But if UK had Farah then you can have Crippa. Colonial Empires always get the rub of the green :cool:

Although remember that, although Farah was born in Somalia and has a Somalian mother, his father was British so Mo has been a British citizen since he was born

Please :old:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minut temu, LDOG napisał:

Not the same sport but isn't Poland desperate for Wilfredo León in volleyball?? Everyone in europe has a case these days.

in fact we`re not...he was desperate for us :)

seriously - him and his manager. Well - he has a Polish wife, he can`t play for Cuba....but we didn`t buy him or ask him...he asked us..with his great love to his Polish wife it`s ok probably. And you are (you in general) pointing 2 cases (him and 1 Ethopian refugee) vs. dozens of foreign athletes in other nations ;). 2-3 cases will always happen but if u try to say that this is a trend in Polish sport you write it on your own risk. From what i know we have 1 Chinese table tennis player left and one wrestler unable to fight for his nation....so it`s not too much :). Oh....some weak swimmer asked to join our team, why not....we are opened to people who love Poland and want to become Poles, feel good amongst other Poles...but we are not looking for anyone or buying them

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

56 minuti fa, Monzanator ha scritto:

France and Italy profit from their former status as colonial Empires. Crippa only makes some noise because he 's apparently half-good. Bit like Mo Farah who was GB's poster boy despite being a poor Somalian kid. The colonial Empires are still doing very well indeed.

Italy Colonial Empire? c'mon, man! we only went to Ethiopia and Lybia and it was a poor joke...that idiot with a big fat stomach and no hair (and no brain, more than that) who used to lead our Nation in the first part of the previous Century din't even get that Lybia was rich of oil and natural gas (so, we did never benefit from the only thing that we coud have from those stupid "adventures")...

and at that time we never tried to get people from those Countries to ours (slavery in Italy has been cancelled way before the modern era, even if now it's institutional...in the sense that normal working people earn a misery and have almost only constrictions and no rights, but that's just another story)...

and nowadays we (as Italian people) can't do anything if many European Nations try to keep all those starving to death Africans coming to Europe within our territory...

now we have more than 10% of our population that's not anymore "100% with pure Italian heritage"...

what should we do? discriminate those kids who came here as little children (or even those who are born in our Nation) and avoid them to have access to our schools, sports structures and eventually to represent Italy?

however, if Poland, Hungary and the other Visengrad Nations adopted a decent and really "European" policy about immigration, today they would also have a bunch of Africans getting them some medals in long distance Athletics races...

because every European Nation (also yours) is way richer than those where those people are coming from and they would be a nicer place to live for them...

maybe it's sad, maybe not...but that's the pure truth...

p.s. the same criteria apply (at least in part) also to Central and North European Countries...but I don't want to make this thread a political one...so, let's stop this thing here, please...and just enjy the races for what they are aand for the show they put on offer...

Edited by phelps

you probably don`t know it but in 30s we were close to colonize Madagascar - we had French acceptance. It`s obvious that if it would happen those ties would last for ages, so Monzanator is right in this aspect. But sure Mo is British and Crippa is Italian for me - 100% in those cases.

Do all those runners from today know 1 word from their "national anthem"? ;) - well...i hope so ;) - i`m judging only those "artificial" transfers

4 minuty temu, phelps napisał:

Italy Colonial Empire? c'mon, man! we only went to Ethiopia and Lybia and it was a poor joke...that idiot with a big fat stomach and no hair (and no brain, more than that) who used to lead our Nation in the first part of the previous Century din't even get that Lybia was rich of oil and natural gas (so, we did never benefit from the only thing that we coud have from those stupid "adventures")...

and at that time we never tried to get people from those Countries to ours (slavery in Italy has been cancelled way before the modern era, even if now it's institutional...in the sense that normal working people earn a misery and have almost only constrictions and no rights, but that's just another story)...

and nowadays we (as Italian people) can't do anything if many European Nations try to keep all those starving to death Africans coming to Europe within our territory...

now we have more than 10% of our population that's not anymore "100% with pure Italian heritage"...

what should we do? discriminate those kids who came here as little children (or even those who are born in our Nation) and avoid them to have access to our schools, sports structures and eventually to represent Italy?

however, if Poland, Hungary and the other Visengrad Nations adopted a decent and really "European" policy about immigration, today they would also have a bunch of Africans getting them some medals in long distance Athletics races...

because every European Nation (also yours) is way richer than those where those people are coming from and they would be a nicer place to live for them...

maybe it's sad, maybe not...but that's the pure truth...

p.s. the same criteria apply (at least in part) also to Central and North European Countries...but I don't want to make this thread a political one...so, let's stop this thing here, please...and just enjy the races for what they are aand for the show they put on offer...

am i Visengrad nation? Oh man.....what do you take :d

and maybe...just maybe...we don`t want to do it, we, Chechs, Hungarians etc like Danish or Finnish federations. Iceland is also rich, Ireland, Andora, San Marino, Malta could do it. As you..it`s a choice

Edited by Pavlo

2 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

i`m judging only those "artificial" transfers

Right, so none of today's podium finishers. There we go.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!