website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

19 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I heard it was a serious injury? A ruptured achilles tendon?

Not true?

Yes, unfortunately. She wrote it on the instagram now :facepalm:They just did a magnetic resonance. But if I understood it well only one part of achilles tendonis damaged (her coach said that). Probably no more competition this year for her.

Edited by dareza

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Your favorite mascot beater won't compete tonight neither.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_m6iyabZC0o1qdlh1io1_400_medium.gif.29fb332bccdec105d780a8d96aa35d81.gif

You just made me so happy. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Welp, I'm finally home and I just want to say, this championship is freakin' crazy :hyper: 4th and 5th place for our women in the race walk. @Wanderer knows that this is not a huge surprise to me, as I predicted Brigita Virbalytė-Dimšienė for bronze, but I did not imagine that she would break the national record by more than one minute :woot: Lastly, Živilė Vaiciukevičiūtė was more than spectacular today. She broke her PB by more than three minutes, also walked faster than the national record from Neringa Aidietytė and set a U23 record. She is crazy talented, I did not expect anything better than 10 for her today. This is the best European Championships in Lithuanian history, 2 medals and 6 athletes finished in top 8, plus there's still Agnė in the final hoping to make some magic.

Edited by Werloc

1 hour ago, dareza said:

Yes, unfortunately. She wrote it on the instagram now :facepalm:They just did a magnetic resonance. But if I understood it well only one part of achilles tendonis damaged (her coach said that). Probably no more competition this year for her.

Probably? Sheesh.. if that's her take-off leg then she might struggle to recover come next season's WC tbh :wall:

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Probably? Sheesh.. if that's her take-off leg then she might struggle to recover come next season's WC tbh :wall:

Noo, she will be ok. She said she would have only treatments (without surgery)  and the coach just said it was just partial damage

Just now, dareza said:

Noo, she will be ok. She said she would have only treatments (without surgery)  and the coach just said it was just partial damage

Sounds fishy tbh. I have a feeling these non-surgery recovery plans always end bad... pain eventually returns and they have to go under the knife regardless.