website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

44 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

A decent throw for gold? You realize that this was a championships record, meaning that noone threw farther at european championships ever, not even someone like Spotakova? This would have been enough for gold at the last olympics and the last two world championships. Of course Hussong didnt have to do more given that noone challenged her and the other were probably shocked by her opening throw, although in qualification it was already the same, so maybe the conditions also werent very good for javelin throw. On the mens side the level was also clearly worse than all season long with 85 m winning bronze.

Alright, a good throw. Still, an entire javelin final with only one good throw, I find that disappointing to say the least :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And now live timing is only working for the women's race :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 6 minutes, Werloc a déclaré:

Oh my, the way that the european-athletics commentator butchered the names of Lithuanians, I never heard so little effort in my life :d

The Irish commentator kept calling Agné wrongly. Her name according to him was "Circus-teeni" :d

I have no idea the correct pronunciation myself but I know she wasn't part of the circus :d

Rubino's transponder is in trouble or something? He's been given exactly one lap behind for three laps now. 

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

The Irish commentator kept calling Agné wrongly. Her name according to him was "Circus-teeni" :d

I have no idea the correct pronunciation myself but I know she wasn't part of the circus :d

I wouldn't know how to explain the pronunciation without audio, but the start in Šerkšnienė (Šer) would sound a bit similarly like Cher :d

Let's play a game :d after the Cher part, there's a light k and then follow up with a sound as if you're shushing someone (ssshhh), then take the 'NIE' part out of the name Daniel, add an 'N' and from the word 'scare' with a british accent take the 'are' part.

Cher + k + ssshhh + (DA)nie(L) + n + (SC)are = Šerkšnienė

I wasn't doing too badly with my own pronunciation then except I had no idea about the ė part at the end.... I was pronouncing that like "eh" :d

And good to know a bit of my name forms a tiny part of this puzzle :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

Smerdova :redcard: 

Ah, Bosworth has taken the lead. :redcard: coming in 3, 2...