website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

1 minute ago, andyjgt said:

@Werloc shame Bertasius wasn't .04 quicker, he'd have set an NR in the EC final!

Well, can't blame the guy, he already broke it three times this year, so I may allow him a break :d There's more to come from this very ambitious athlete if he keeps on working as hard as he has been for the past couple of years.

Fuuuuuuuck ... apparently i missed by far the best session of this competition so far. :sick::wall:

I will forever owe anyone how knows where i can rewatch the session.

Gregor Traber running 13.26?

Laura Müller making the 200 m final?

Both Gierisch and Hussong going nuts in their first attempts?

Jungfleisch finally back to performing at her best when it matters?

Legendary race by the chosen one (i only predicted silver for him, but apparently his older brother was injured)! :bounce:

Only sad news from a german perspective is the result in mens 1500 m. Both Homiyu Tesfaye and Timo Benitz completely hopeless.

Also the results in mens 400 m where rather underwhelming in my opinion and the same is true for anyone not named Hussong in womens javelin throw.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb OlympicsFan:

I wasnt able to watch the evening session, does someone maybe know if there is a chance to rewatch it?

Not the whole Season, but you can watch some of the runs and some of the best throws/jumps both on the sportschau.de and the eurosport.de Websites.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Not the whole Season, but you can watch some of the runs and some of the best throws/jumps both on the sportschau.de and the eurosport.de Websites.

I know, but i would like to watch the whole session, but apparently its not possible.

Edit: Apparently (hopefully) Eurosport will show the session again starting at 1:15 am tomorrow, so thats at least something ...

Sadly i will also miss tomorrows evening session.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

Well, can't blame the guy, he already broke it three times this year, so I may allow him a break :d There's more to come from this very ambitious athlete if he keeps on working as hard as he has been for the past couple of years.

He reminded me a bit of Tiidrek Nurme, who set the Estonian record (3:38.59) at the same distance by front-running his heat of the 2008 Olympics.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb EselTheDonkey:

German heptathletes Mareike Arndt and Louise Grauvogel were involved in a car accident on the way from the Olympic Stadium to their hotel and are taken to Hospital. So far, there are no informations about their injuries. Of course they can't compete at the 800 metres.

Very sad, she was having a great competition. I think she could have scored around 6300 points and finished in 8th or 9th place. Lets hope that she will be fine, then i am sure that she will qualify for Tokyo (alongside Schäfer and Weißenberg).

Very impressive result for Ruckstuhl in womens heptathlon, if she continues like that she will be at 6700 points or more by Tokyo. 2 or 3 years ago i thought that Sukh and Lagger are the best talents, now i would favor Ruckstuhl and Vicente.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Ordoñez :bye:

Which comes to show, championship running is entirely different to Diamond League running. 

The spanish 400/800 m runners have been pretty disappointing, i am not sure we can trust their times on home soil. Ksczsczsczszcot looking good for another gold, surprised that GB wont be represented in the final, Tuka also a bit disappointing. Dont think that Europe will play a major role in the 800 m globally in the next couple of years.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Your Levchenko is my Angelica Bengtsson apparently :d 

You guys clearly never saw Rouguy Diallo or Karolina Koleczek.