website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Sorry, but the X was the right approach there. I've seen less flat javelin throws that haven't been measured, so it had nothing to do with the fact that it was not a 'German' thrower for example.

Well, apparently wasn´t, since the protest was accepted :)

and I did not said "German" why did you immediately thought about them, I was mentioning any other bigger nation (thus not only Germany)

Excellent throw for Schäfer :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Monzanator:

Germany barely holds off Slovakia in 4x400? :mumble:

I bet Grit Breuer could still run faster then some of these GER girls...

Yeah, because the polish girls are so much faster ... in addition to that Germany rested its best runner and has to compete without Spelmeyer who was the 2nd best european athlete at the world championships last year (better than all polish girls).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

il y a 20 minutes, OlympicsFan a déclaré:

This probably doesnt deserve an own thread, but when i looked up how many german athletes who competed at the 2008 olympics will probably also compete at the 2020 olympics i was surprised to see that the number is actually quite high (many athletes in equestrian, but also guys like Timo Boll, Dimitri Ovtcharov or Marcel Nguyen). Would be interesting to see if its the same with other nations.

Probably, not more than 12-15 here, including 4 tennis players and only 3 or 4 T&fT athletes.

Could be an interesting thread to try to find out the 'oldest' olympian to make it in Tokyo 

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, because the polish girls are so much faster ... in addition to that Germany rested its best runner and has to compete without Spelmeyer who was the 2nd best european athlete at the world championships last year (better than all polish girls).

We'll compare the notes after the final. I say POL finishes ahead of GER :cheer:

It's bad enough the 400m final is only 90 mins before the relay final.

24 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Thats true, both he and his girlfriend (Sosthene Moguenara) are massively wasting their talent. We have to remember that Holzdeppe was 7th at the 2008 olympics as an 18 year old.

By the way: I recently felt pretty old when i thought about how many german athletes who competed at the 2008 olympics (the first olympics i followed closely) are now retired. This probably doesnt deserve an own thread, but when i looked up how many german athletes who competed at the 2008 olympics will probably also compete at the 2020 olympics i was surprised to see that the number is actually quite high (many athletes in equestrian, but also guys like Timo Boll, Dimitri Ovtcharov or Marcel Nguyen). Would be interesting to see if its the same with other nations.

We should have about 12 athletes competing in 2020 Tokyo that have competed back in 2008 Olympics (+4 possible basketballers if we make it). 5 of them would be from Athletics, but most notable would be multiple European/World Championship medalists like Giedrius Titenis (swimming), Laura Asadauskaitė (modern pentathlon), Simona Krupeckaitė (track cycling) and Mindaugas Griškonis (rowing) that recently won silver at Euros in the singles. The 5 people for athletics would be Eglė Balčiūnaitė in 800m, Tadas Šuškevičius 50km Walk that we've seen in these champs and then Marius Žiūkas and Rasa Drazdauskaitė that are injured at the moment, but were very capable of good results in Berlin and Zinaida Sendriūtė if she comes back into the sport after her recent motherhood.

Small outside chance that Lina Grinčikaitė or Kristina Saltanovič comeback, but wouldn't bet any money on that.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Майкл:

Of course the resuls aren't catastrophic, but Moguenara, Wester, Hozdeppe, Hess all failed to reach the finals, quite bad for your standards, tbh.

Moguenara: Yes, very bad, she just doesnt know how not to constantly foul her jumps. Potential-wise she is top 6-8 in the world.

Wester: She has much more potential than she showed, but this wasnt so bad, given that he PB isnt even above 6.80 m.

Holzdeppe: Extremely bad for him, but not unexpected, he did the same last year or in Rio, i am not sure, he clearly lacks a sense of reality. When you struggle all season long, you dont enter the competition at 5.51 m. He clearly had the height today but was unable to adjust. He wasnt a favorite for a medal after the season he had.

Heß: Like i said, he was injured for most of the season, thats why you wont find any recent results of him. Of course he has incredible potential (also being a 8 m long jumper), but he is constantly injured, so it might be better to change his coach. Of course he would have loved to win the title here, but as long as he finds a way to stay healthy on his way to Tokyo i am optimistic that he will do good there.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.