website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Montserrat is in Europe? Probably just like Guadeloupe is in Europe ...

For sporting purposes they basically are. Politically Guadeloupe is very much part of Europe (it’s part of the EU, votes in French election and is filled with French citizens).

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Then blame IOC for supporting colonialism. If the rules haven't been changed, then I'm sure Anguilla would be in the Olympic family.

I don’t know if they could support a team

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Very sad that Tortu was beaten by two non-europeans, but his time will come. Organizers should be fair in the future and just allow people from all over the world to compete at the european championships.

1) What happened to Miguel Francis?

2) Will Rai Benjamin represent the US or GB in the future?

I don’t see you complaining when your own Badminton, Table Tennis, and Athletics teams are filled with immigrants. Maybe you should just be thankful that thier allowed to compete, and stop your complaining all the time. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Never thought I'd say it, but a medal for Braun is far from impossible with one day to go :yikes:

ReDasj5.png

Abele is untouchable if he doesn't fall on the hurdles or fouls out on the discus, javelin or PV.

Shkurenyov is (not exactly surprising) falling back more and more and more compared to his Russian decathlon score.

Kaul has the junior decathlon in the forecast, so one might expect him to give up points on the hurdles and discus, like he did on the shot put yesterday.

Roe is going well, I'd say he has the biggest medal shot outside Abele and (if he can stop his decline) Shkurenyov.

Uibo had a tough first day.

I didn't compare the forecast scores with recent PB's or results in the individual events, but at least Braun is closer to a medal than I had thought he would be (and yeah I know, the chance of him not winning a medal is still bigger).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Juste maintenant , Gianlu33 a déclaré:

I don't mean European Union but just Europe :evil:

Well, there are overseas territories mainly populated by non ethnic european people situated in the Caraibiean. That's the common point. But there is nothing thecnical, nor political about that.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

Kaul has the junior decathlon in the forecast, so one might expect him to give up points on the hurdles and discus, like he did on the shot put yesterday. 

Kaul's forecast is actually a strange mix between junior results and his results at the "grown ups". He already ran 14,55 with Senior hurdles this year, by the way, in the German u-23 Championships. I don't think he will do so today, but I hope for something in the 14,6s.  

And he definitely won't throw 48 metres with discus today. Something about 43 metres would already be excellent for him.

On the other hand: He can throw the Javelin far over 70 metres.

Edited by EselTheDonkey