website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 23 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Cool, so we have indeed qualified men's 4x400m relay. :yes

Not quite as successful as Zurich 2014 when we qualified 3 (!!) relays. But still, nice to be around again.

Actually we did not qualify 3 relays in 2014, both female relays were invited after several cancellations. I remember one of the girls saying that she was called while on the beach just 4days before the championship to run in both relays :)

Edited by prso1000

vor 2 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Full Dutch team for Berlin:

https://www.atletiek.nl/nieuws/nederland-met-46-atleten-naar-ek-atletiek-berlijn

The target is 7 medals, as per the technical director. Realistically speaking, I'd say that is possible, but without surprises that's sort of the maximum possible.

Do you have any medal chance on the mens side?

On the womens side probably: 100 m (if Schippers competes), 200 m, 400 m, 5000 m, 10000 m?, 100 m hurdles, heptathlon, 4 x 100 m relay. I would say 5 medals would be more realistic.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Do you have any medal chance on the mens side?

On the womens side probably: 100 m (if Schippers competes), 200 m, 400 m, 5000 m, 10000 m?, 100 m hurdles, heptathlon, 4 x 100 m relay. I would say 5 medals would be more realistic.

On the men's side it's mostly a matter of hoping for surprises. I mean, Martina has shown again and again and again and again that he knows very well how to peak at a championship event even when the rest of his season was mediocre, so even though in his current shape he's far from any favourite, it's never a smart move to count him out. Bonevacia (400m) and the 4x400m team will have to have one or two amazing days plus have the luck that some higher rated favourites don't have their best day, same goes for Comenentia in the hammer. The men's 4x100m might be the most realistic men's medal chance, since they're in great shape (broke the NR last week) and if there's one event where favourites can 'easily' get in trouble it's a sprint relay with dropped batons and stuff.

In short: yes, there are some possible chances, no, none of them is a major medal threat.

This is what I had listed somewhere else for the women:

Schippers (100m, 200m, but she really needs to step up her game, because with her most recent awful performances she's barely even a threat. Of course she has the potential for double gold, no doubt about it, but she's been getting slower and slower every day since switching coaches)

Samuel (outside chance in the 200m, mostly because she's been the opposite of Schippers: improving every race and now even beating Schippers last week)

Women's 4x100m

Lisanne de Witte (400m, not the favourite, but in current shape definitely a chance)

Sifan Hassan (main favourite in the 5000m)

I have no idea what Krumins will be capable of in the 5000/10.000

Visser (100mH, if she can get back to her NR-breaking level that she had in May/early June, before her recent couple of weeks out due to injury)

Vetter (heptathlon)

Yes, the goal of 7 medals is of course far from impossible, but to reach it certain people (mainly Schippers) need to show a whole lot more than they've been doing so far this year. 'Gun to the head', I'd say 5 medals.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Mens

Ján Volko  (100m, 200m)

Šimon Bujna  (100m, 200m,)

Tibor Sahajda  (Marathon)

Martin Kučera  (400m Hurdles)

Lukáš Beer  (High Jump)

Matúš Bubeník  (High Jump)

Tomáš Veszelka  (Triple Jump)

Marcel Lomnický  (Hammer Throw)

Miroslav Úradník  (20km Race Walk)

Dušan Majdán  (50km Race Walk)

Matej Tóth  (50km Race Walk)

Womens

Alexandra Bezeková  (200m, 400m, 4x400m Relay)

Iveta Putalová  (400m, 4x400m Relay)

Gabriela Gajanová  (800m)

Daniela Ledecká  (400m Hurdles, 4x400m Relay)

Emma Zapletalová  (400m Hurdles, 4x400m Relay)

Martina Hrašnová  (Hammer Throw)

Lucia Vadlejch  (Heptathlon)

Mária Katerinka-Czáková  (20km Race Walk, 50km Race Walk)

Alexandra Štuková  (4x400m Relay)

Andrea Urbanová  (4x400m Relay)