website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Which scoreline had the shortest odds? :d

zWt7b2e.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Juste maintenant , heywoodu a déclaré:

A1GP :wub: Too bad Ireland won that right in the year when there were fewer and fewer teams and several rounds were cancelled due to a lack of interest, but still :d 

Although I wouldn't count that as a true team sport, just like snooker and golf :d 

Yeah but all the best teams still competed, right? Or in other words, shut up :p

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

Yeah but all the best teams still competed, right? Or in other words, shut up :p

Don't mind me, I am just sad it died a slow, painful death because I enjoyed it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Juste maintenant , heywoodu a déclaré:

Don't mind me, I am just sad it died a slow, painful death because I enjoyed it :p 

It was amazing, my favourite Motorsport event and I am saying that even before we won. I loved it, even my Mam loved it too :d

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

I do t understand betting. So does this suggest a Dutch win by 2.5 goals is the most likely? :d

This says you get 2.28 times your stakes if the Netherlands win while taking the 'handicap' in account. This is usually a half number of goals, so in the case of a Dutch win with one or two goals difference (or of course an Irish win), Ireland +2.5 wins, whereas with a Dutch win by three or more goals, the Netherlands -2.5 wins :p 

Basically in this specific case the bookmakers are saying Ireland is more likely than not for Ireland to keep the difference in check (no more than three goals), but a two goal win for the Dutch team seems the most likely outcome.

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

It was amazing, my favourite Motorsport event and I am saying that even before we won. I loved it, even my Mam loved it too :d

It made a lot of Dutch people, including me, hate Jos Verstappen: he was sort of a national hero due to his F1 podium many years before (as only Dutchman ever) and in the A1 he would finally race in Zandvoort. Around 110.000 people got tickets (considering Zandvoort is full to the limits when there's 90.000 people that's quite a lot)....and then the week before the event he was like "nah the team manager didn't pay my salary, I'm not driving" :lol: Luckily his replacement (Jeroen Bleekemolen) had one of the best races of his career and more than made up for Verstappen's "fuck you" in terms of excitement.

Anyhow, this is getting a little off topic :d 

il y a 2 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

This says you get 2.28 times your stakes if the Netherlands win while taking the 'handicap' in account. This is usually a half number of goals, so in the case of a Dutch win with one or two goals difference (or of course an Irish win), Ireland +2.5 wins, whereas with a Dutch win by three or more goals, the Netherlands -2.5 wins :p 

Basically in this specific case the bookmakers are saying Ireland is more likely than not for Ireland to keep the difference in check (no more than three goals), but a two goal win for the Dutch team seems the most likely outcome.

Cool, thanks for the explanation. 

Awaiting a 10-0 drubbing now :d