website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Totallympics

36 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

No, never been in a world final in a team sport before. And  certainly did not think it would be hockey that would provide us with our first ever appearance in a world final. It's amazing! :)

What did you think it'd be then, water polo? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Rugby was always a slightly more realistic option :p

Well I'm rooting for them to go all the way now and write some more history :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 3 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Well I'm rooting for them to go all the way now and write some more history :d 

The chance is probably at 1% but then again, before the tournament, the chance of us making the World Cup final probably stood at something like 0.1% so our chances have improved considerably :old:

Edited by OlympicIRL

Ei9Fth0.png

I am 100% sure stranger things have happened than a 12.50 odd team winning a match :d 

Il y a 1 heure , De_Gambassi a déclaré:

542796-tlsnewslandscape.jpg.abd8bfb4d3ee92da67706ff7c0fb9c24.jpg

:p

Well in that case we won the Snooker World Cup 3 times in a row and also the Golf World Cup twice. A1GP World Cup of Motorsport too (I guess it's a team sport since there was a background team and not just the driver involved :p).

But you get the idea, first final in a major / Olympic team sport :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Well in that case we won the Snooker Workd Cup 3 times in a row and also the Golf World Cup twice. A1GP World Cup of Motorsport too (I guess it's a team sport since there was a background team and not just the driver involved :p).

But you get the idea, first final in a major / Olympic team sport :d

A1GP :wub: Too bad Ireland won that right in the year when there were fewer and fewer teams and several rounds were cancelled due to a lack of interest, but still :d 

Although I wouldn't count that as a true team sport, just like snooker and golf :d