Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

861 posts in this topic

*BAD WORDS !!!  :wall: :wall: :(               THE GOLD MEDAL WAS YET AGAIN SO CLOSE, BUT SO FAR TO FINLAND :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.5.2016 at 23:34, Wanderer said:

2016PC2.png

 

 

Final Standing available here.

 

 

 

slovenia-flag-pole-animated.gif

 

 

 

mihamiha

romania-flag-pole-animated.gif

 

 

 

 

:champion:africaboy :champion:

 

 

 

slovakia-flag-pole-animated.gif

 

hckosice

 

Congratulation africaboy on second win this season! :bowdown:

Silver medal goes to Slovenia, mihamiha was unfortunate with his gold medal pick and lost top position by one point only. But if I remember well, it was long road for him and Slovenia overall to win another medal in Totallympics Prediction Contests. Congratulations! :hatoff:

And finally, hckosice wins his historic first medal and first medal ever for Slovakia! And it is in sport he loves the most! Fantastic, congratulations on success :thumbup:

Sad for Agger who was close to medal position.... good run for gvaisakh and best ever placement for MCMXC if I am not mistaken...

But true "loser" of the contest is definitely Finnator123. If he managed to post predictions for day 1 too, I am sure gold medal would be his. :( Better luck next time :hug:

If Finland won by 1, order would be mihamiha-Agger-Finnator123; if Finland won by 2 or more it would be Agger-mihamiha-Finnator123.

Thank you everyone who played!

 

Cheers!



ARE YOU SAYING THAT CONNOR MCDAVID RUINED MY CHANCES FOR A MEDAL :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its interesting,that from 15 rounds of competitions gold medallist africa boy had only 3 rounds better score than me,but because of double points in the end he won

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mihamiha said:

its interesting,that from 15 rounds of competitions gold medallist africa boy had only 3 rounds better score than me,but because of double points in the end he won

 

I noticed that too and it does not feel right. I am not sure we can change the rules during the midseason (unless majority rise against the current rule) but we'll bring this discussion at the end of the year for sure.

Personally, I am against multipliers. Even now, I tend to have them at minimal value, maximum 2 for the final round.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016PC3.png

 

 

Provisional Standing after Day 3 available here.

 

Matches counted: all matches finished on Tuesday + Rosol vs. Wawrinka

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

 

I noticed that too and it does not feel right. I am not sure we can change the rules during the midseason (unless majority rise against the current rule) but we'll bring this discussion at the end of the year for sure.

Personally, I am against multipliers. Even now, I tend to have them at minimal value, maximum 2 for the final round.

its ok.i was saying this last year and nothings changed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mihamiha said:

its ok.i was saying this last year and nothings changed

 

I think it was asked in the poll last year and hence the current rule :mumble:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wanderer said:

 

I think it was asked in the poll last year and hence the current rule :mumble:

 

probably because all from 4th place down voted for double points to catch a medal:d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mihamiha said:

probably because all from 4th place down voted for double points to catch a medal:d

 

Haha maybe :d

 

Though, back in 2011/2012 and maybe 2013 I think the diversity in medalists was much bigger than in last 2 years. I mean, medalists in our prediction contests is more predictable than matches we predict for contests lol And yet, other reason may be lack of players. Earlier prediction contests always had 70+ or 50+ players at least. Now we are around 30. That is poor. And I really wonder what is the reason... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

 

Haha maybe :d

 

Though, back in 2011/2012 and maybe 2013 I think the diversity in medalists was much bigger than in last 2 years. I mean, medalists in our prediction contests is more predictable than matches we predict for contests lol And yet, other reason may be lack of players. Earlier prediction contests always had 70+ or 50+ players at least. Now we are around 30. That is poor. And I really wonder what is the reason... 

we must raise prize money for medalists:d:thumbup:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016PC3.png

 

 

Provisional Standing after Day 4 available here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016PC3.png

 

 

Provisional Standing after Day 5 available here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016PC3.png

 

 

Provisional Standing after Day 6 available here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disaster :wall: Radwanska and Gasquet had to wake up now. Though, Radwanska's draw is really challenging

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow but steady, I'm moving up the rankings! :p

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0