website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2017PC5.png.d7df0205ef232489032079c0676fc275.png

Provisional Standing after Day 8 available here

Only four players had perfect picks in Men's Cross-country 4x10 km Relay @Ufilov @OlympicsFan @Pablita @Pavlo :thumbup:And only @rybak guessed the right order of the podium in Nordic Combined LH team sprint, well done :yes 
We have new leaders on the table ;)

2017PC5.png.d7df0205ef232489032079c0676fc275.png

Final Standing available here

Polish flag on a flag pole gif animation

Pavlo

Croatian flag on a flag pole gif animation

:champion: Crolympic :champion:

Bulgarian flag on a flag pole gif animation

Federer91

Congratulations to our second winter sports winner this year and again it's a croatian  
Congratulations @Crolympic ! Congratulations team 
Croatia 
:clap:!

This contest has been from far the toughest one this year; everyone could have won on the last day. 
The battle for gold was very hard between five players @Crolympic @Pavlo @Federer91 @tuniscof and @Dunadan.

But the final word was croatian :d 

In his way to get the gold, @Crolympic didn't take the lead more than once on the first seven days of the contest, but he stayed between 2nd and 3rd before the last three days where he kept the lead until the end. This is his first medal this year, a well deserved gold medal. Congratulations for @Crolympic for your first medal and team Croatia for their second one ! :hatoff:

Eventhough he began the contest in the lower part of the table, @Pavlo jumped on Day 4 thanks to a double perfect pick to 5th place. He swinged between 5th and 3rd and even topped the table on Day 8 before finishing 2nd on the last two days and taking silver thanks to one perfect pick more than bronze medalist.
Congratulations goes to Poland for their third silver medal of the year ! 
:thumbup:
@Pavlo is also the player with most perfect picks (4 perfect picks) ;) 

@Federer91 had a great tournament he was on top 4 on almost every day of the contest. Despite finishing on the same number of points with Silver medalist, he got short of perfect picks, one shorter than @Pavlo. Though he wanted more, he ends up with bronze only. Congratulations @Federer91 and Bulgaria for their second medal of the year ! ;) 

Another duet sharing the same number of points are @tuniscof (4th) and @Dunadan (5th) who were only 1 point short from a potential medal. @tuniscof lead the contest from the beginning until Day 7, the last part of the contest was disappointing for him since he didn't manage to take many points making him lose his position to finally end at the worse place, at the foot of the podium. It's being the same case with @Dunadan even if this latter wasn't always on the podium during the contest.
@Dunadan and 4th place is becoming a love story
:hearts: in every contest :d  

Team Poland with 3 in top 10 finishers and Italy with 2 in top 6 have confirmed their skills once more :yes 

Have you enjoyed this contest ? :p

I hope to see more people participating for the upcoming contests ! 

Now please stand up for the national anthem of Croatia !

Croatia, winter sports powerhouse :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and as to pure predicting - ski jumping was tricky. After Asia i really thought we`re going down a bit and Germans are too strong. Norway? I didn`t expect it. And i thought it will be Kot who gets a medal for us instead of Żyła. Kot was looking dominant in Asia.

I predicted Watabe`s medal when he was 4th and Austria on the podium in nc team sprint for example. It was all decided by details, very small differences. Thx to you all, especially to Tunisia!! :)

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it