website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

il y a 36 minutes, Henry_Leon a déclaré:

Sorry but i'm not agree, haven't sense other daily/bonus.

We already have bonus for the knockout round (and some users asked to take them off ....)

We have daily bonus in Volley, but for who put all predictions right (or winner); this is more fair (than the top 3 of the day...)

However, if many users want, will be possible in the contests where there are many daily matches (at least 5/6) as Handball/Basket/Hockey, but only in group stage.

I agree with Henry_Leon, but also to come back to bestmen suggestion, we could have a bonus for the players who make perfect daily predictions in Group Stage only:mumble:, because the more we advance in Knockout Round, matches will be fewer and chances to get perfect predictions will be higher for everyone for example it's easier to make 2 perfect prediction out of 2, than 4 out of 4, or 8 out of 8. 

Sur 28/01/2017 at 20:07 , dcro a déclaré:

I have an idea regarding the prediction contests. Maybe we can introduce the "Winners of the day" bonuses.

Users are ranked by points they've won in a single day of a contest. So for example we look at the first day of the current handball contest:

Gianlu33 - 88 (10)

heywoodu - 85 (5)

MCMXC - 81 (3)

bestmen - 77

ady48 - 75

Every winner of the day gets 10 pts, 2nd best gets 5 pts and 3rd best gets 3 pts. These points are summed at the end of the contest and they go straight to the general standings for the season. These bonuses might encourage lower ranked users to be more interested in the later stages of the contest.

Obviously it doesn't have to be 10-5-3, it can be set up differently. However, with the 10-5-3 system we would have the following current bonus points from the handball contest.

Révéler contenus cachés
bestmen 33
Crolympic 31
Pavlo 23
vlad 20
hckosice 20
mihamiha 20
Ufilov 18
ady48 16
Agger 16
rybak 15
Dolby 15
SteveParker 10
Gianlu33 10
Dunadan 10
africaboy 10
dcro 10
heywoodu 8
amen09 8
Henry_Leon 5
MCMXC 3
vinipereira 3
wpwells 0
Federer91 0
tuniscof 0
titicow 0

it's a good idea, as long as they are counted straight on the general standing. At the end of a contest we would have a sum of bonuses which will be added to the points obtained in the general standing table :) . However we should have more opinions about this :coffee: .

37 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

what kind of bonus do you have in mind? It would be possible to make 1 bonus match per day with some extra points for users who will predict the exact result - good for handball, basketball, water polo, rugby and ice hockey - high score team sports. In football it could be which player scores first (field hockey the same), in volleyball maybe how much points the best scorer will have. Final points (without hundreds) of winners in figure skating etc.

But do we need it. Wouldn`t it turn more like to bet contests? For me the simpler the better

My suggestion was more like daily bonuses. Top 3 point scorers of every day get extra points (for example 10, 5 and 3) for the season's general standings only. That might keep things more fresh and get users more interested on a daily basis.

#banbestmen

I think the reason behind multipliers for knockout stages was to give users with low points in group stages a better chance of climbing the ladder. Plus, it can be argued that matches will be tougher to predict in knockout stages as compared to group stages, so more points for them. Hence, I am fine with them. But, having too many multipliers/bonuses will needlessly complicate things. We already have a high attrition rate for hosts. Let us run simple contests in a timely manner for some time and get back some stability. 

14 hours ago, tuniscof said:

2017PC1.png

Final Standing available here.

Polish flag on a flag pole gif animation

Ufilov

Romanian flag on a flag pole gif animation

:champion: ady48 :champion:

Algerian flag on a flag pole gif animation

bestmen

Congratulation to our first winner of the year ady48 and Romania for a deserved Gold Medal :bowdown:!

It was a big battle for top spot since Day 3 between ady48, Ufilov and Crolympic, joined on Day 7 by bestmen.

Unfortunately for him and Croatia, Crolympic missed the round of 16 :facepalm:, and dropped from top spot to the middle of the table losing a big chance for a medal :( and leaving the lead to ady48 who secured his position until the finish.

There was another battle between Ufilov and bestmen for 2nd and 3rd spot, which was decided on the last day when Ufilov had better picks than the algerian ! so Congratulations to Silver Medalist Ufilov and Poland who proved once again how good he is with predictions almost never leaving top 4 except on Day 1 (7th place) and Day 8 (5th place).

Congratulations also goes to bestmen and Algeria who showed a great talent with his picks : he made 12 perfect prediction all tournament long and he is the only one to make a double perfect prediction for Semifinals , good job bestmen :yes ! (we'll see about your bonus idea ;) ) 

Italian Dunadan clinches 4th spot from Polish rybak who had a great tournament always being in top 5.

Great overall result for team Poland with all three players in top 10! though it could have been an impressive top 5 finish for them if only Pavlo didn't drop at the last day (if he didn't predict Norway to be new World Champions :yikes::d)  

Unfortunately some players left the contest :( I hope that's not a bad sign here :mumble:

Thank you all who participated for this first contest of the year even if the number wasn't that large :p we can certainly do better than 25 players for the coming contests :thumbup:.

For my part I tried to do my best to make this contest come true :d even if it came a little late, I hope you enjoyed it!

See you soon for another contest !

Now please stand up for the national anthem of Romania !

Congratulations ADY 48 !Bravoo ROMANIA !!! :)  Congratulations for all the medalists!

well, are the play-offs more difficult to predict? Depends on how u look at it. In group stage not all teams play 100% (QAT), sometimes they have sure 1st place / progression so they play weaker (HUN with BLR) at the end of the group or they want to lose to play some weaker in their opinion team or they save fuel for next round (older teams like Poland in Rio). So maybe group stage is more difficult. And remember, before the start it`s harder to judge teams abilities, after 5 games it`s easier.

Play-offs are more black-and-white, all play 100%, pure knowledge wins so multipliers in play-offs are questionable for me. I accept them but not totally agree that play-offs are more difficult to predict. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Working on prediction contests isn't that easy I admit it, it takes a lot of time and energy but at the end it's a good feeling of satisfaction ;) 

Now we are (I am actually) :d going to prepare for the next prediction contest which is coming soon , the first Rugby contest of the year :Six Nations Championships ;) so you can prepare yourself from now, the prediction design should be ready tomorrow morning, I hope the number of users will increase a bit more especially among Rugby fans :p.

Any help will be welcome :d 

I've been looking at the 2017 sports calendar with some help from MCMXC who gave an idea of a calendar here . So here is a long list of events I took the maximum :p
We are going to keep only half of them at maximum otherwise it would be infernal :wacko:. What are your suggestions? some new sport to include? 

in Blue contest that are very likely to take place

in Red those which we are not sure about

# Begins Ends Sport Event
1 11 January 29 January Handball 2017 Men's World Handball Championships
2 14 January 5 February Football 2017 Men's Africa Cup of Nations
3 4 February 18 March Rugby Union 2017 Six Nations Championship
4 9 February 19 February Biathlon World Championships 2017
5 22 February 5 March Nordic Skiing 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
6 18 March 26 March Curling 2017 World Women's Curling Championship
7 31 March 7 April Ice Hockey 2017 IIHF World Women's Championship
8 1 April 9 April Curling 2017 Ford World Men's Curling Championship
9 12 April 16 April Track Cycling 2017 UCI Track Cycling World Championships
10 27 April 7 May Beach Soccer 2017 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup
11 5 May 21 May Ice Hockey 2017 IIHF World Championship
12 28 May 11 June Tennis 2017 French Open
13 29 May 5 June Table Tennis 2017 World Table Tennis Championships
14 15 June 18 June Golf 2017 U.S. Open
15 16 June 27 June Basketball Eurobasket Women 2017
16 17 June 2 July Football 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup
17 22 June 30 June Taekwondo 2017 World Taekwondo Championships
18 1 July 23 July Road Cycling 2017 Tour de France
19 3 July 16 July Tennis 2017 Wimbledon Championships
20 9 July 30 July Football 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup
21 14 July 23 July Athletics 2017 World Para Athletics Championships
22 14 July 30 July Aquatics 2017 World Aquatics Championships
23 16 July 6 August Football UEFA Women's Euro 2017
24 19 July 26 July Fencing 2017 World Fencing Championships
25 24 July 1 August Volleyball 2017 Asian Men's Volleyball Championship
26 25 July 30 July BMX 2017 UCI BMX World Championships
27 28 July 6 August Beach Volleyball 2017 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships
28 4 August 13 August Athletics 2017 World Championships in Athletics
29 9 August 26 August Rugby Union 2017 Women's Rugby World Cup
30 17 August 31 August Basketball Afrobasket 2017
31 21 August 27 August Badminton 2017 BWF World Championships
32 28 August 4 September Modern Pentathlon 2017 World Modern Pentathlon Championships
33 28 August 11 September Tennis 2017 U.S. Open
34 29 August 3 September Rhythmic Gymnastics 2017 World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships
35 31 August 17 September Basketball Eurobasket 2017
36 1 September 25 September Chess Chess World Cup 2017
37 2 September 10 September Volleyball 2017 Men's NORCECA Volleyball Championship
38 17 September 24 September Road Cycling 2017 UCI World Road Championships
39 17 September 25 September Volleyball 2017 Women's NORCECA Volleyball Championship
40 24 September 1 October Rowing 2017 World Rowing Championships
41 27 September 9 October Artistic Gymnastics 2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
42 15 October 22 October Archery 2017 World Archery Championships
43 17 October 25 October Weightlifting 2017 World Weightlifting Championships
44 26 October 2 November Rugby League 2017 Rugby League World Cup
45 12 November 19 November Tennis 2017 ATP World Tour Finals
46 16 November 2 December Rugby League 2017 Women's Rugby League World Cup
47 26 November 2 December Squash 2017 Men's World Team Squash Championships
48 1 December 17 December Handball 2017 World Women's Handball Championship

That's one ambitious schedule :lol:

If some indoor volleyball had to be included I'd like a return of the world league or grand prix instead of Norceca championships to be honest. Also I have no idea who here follows women's rugby union...

Anyway, if you can make 21 events, you're a god.