Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

uk12points    318

Contest-Paralympics.png

Provisional standings after Day 5 available here.

Day 5 saw @heywoodu jump into a commanding lead over the Brazilian pair of @vinipereira and @juliosilva. The next 3 days will be less dramatic with only 7 events being predicted, building up towards the most significant day of the contest, Friday 16th September where 11 events are being predicted, meaning 110 points are up for grabs! 

dcro    1,102

Heywoodu def. Vinipereira and took the lead in the head to head tournament :d Although, I have slightly mixed reviews as I am only in 19th place instead of 4th (what actually could be the truth based on my Paralympic knowledge when I posted my predictions :lol:). Actually, I'm the only one whose positions changes a lot.

Standings

heywoodu    1,292
7 hours ago, dcro said:

Although, don't forget that you lost to hckosice in the first round shocker. :evil:

That one counted? I thought it was just a warm-up :whistle:

Henry_Leon    89

@uk12points this event was today?  (table prediction #1 of Day 9)

Spoiler

ARCHERY

Men's Individual Compound Open

Day 9, September 16th, 2016

Men's Individual Compound - Open

Final Results

:USA SHELBY

:ITA SIMONELLI

:AUS Jonathon MILNE

tuniscof    72
Sur 04/09/2016 at 18:50 , uk12points a déclaré:

Yes, Wanderer has approved it

next time it's better to highlight it , so that we see it on top in the prediction contests section, so everyone would be able to take part in time.

LDOG    263

If Wanderer doesn't do it in the next few days, I'll post the results of some of the remaining olympic contests (probably water polo and Hockey).

LDOG    263

Contest-FieldHockey.png

Final Standing available here.

poland-flag-pole-animated.gif

rybak

ireland-flag-pole-animated.gif

OlympicIRL 

Argentine flag on a flag pole gif animation

LDOG

Congratulations to OlympicIRL who once again achieves a high position in a Hockey contest. Silver for rybak who had a big final sprint in semifinals/medal matches. Water Polo results... in a few days.

PS. Please people, in the future read the rules more carefully. Some of you predicted draws (?) or outright wrote the word "penalties" (without any number) in knockout matches. This obviously is not valid. Also, some of you predicted exact results (like 3-1, 5-3) which isn't valid in this contest, but in these cases I just counted the goal difference.

heywoodu    1,292

I would have fought for at least top-7/8 or something if I didn't forget those last days :wall:

Congratulations to the winners :d 

OlympicIRL    539

Yesss!!:clap: :woohoo::bounce:

This is wonderful news, it's an honour and pleasure to be the 2016 Olympic field hockey champion :)

Big congrats to my fellow medalists :POL rybak and :ARG LDOG for their very nice result. And of course to the organisers for their dedication and giving up their time to make these contests possible, I say Thank You :):hatoff:.

Pavlo    39

Congrats guys for all medals!! :)

6th place is great for me since it`s not my strong sport and i was guessing a bit not watching a single match till men`s final :thumbup: