Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

1,031 posts in this topic

I'm making a bit of an experiment with paralympic contest results using the Swiss tournament system. :d

Head-to-head results and standings can be followed here. Vinipereira is currently 1st, heywoodu 2nd. Seems legit. :p

Spoiler

On day 5 we have a big vinipereira vs heywoodu derby, waiting for results. :d:cheer:

Edited by dcro

Just now, dcro said:

I'm making a bit of an experiment with paralympic contest results using the Swiss tournament system. :d

Head-to-head results and standings can be followed here. Vinipereira is currently 1st, heywoodu 2nd. Seems legit. :p

Reveal hidden contents

On day 5 we have a big vinipereira vs heywoodu derby, waiting for results. :d:cheer:

this idea is cool ,ca1b929621d9d331e769c6d229f22e32.jpg

i have 2 lose + 2 win

Just now, dcro said:

Reveal hidden contents

but Henry_Leon  have 2 lose /2 win , why he is in the 8th position :mumble:

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

but Henry_Leon  have 2 lose /2 win , why he is in the 8th position :mumble:

He has more wins against tied opponents at the moment.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Reveal hidden contents

Who has the biggest win so far? :evil:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That would be you :p

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although, don't forget that you lost to hckosice in the first round shocker. :evil:

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Although, don't forget that you lost to hckosice in the first round shocker. :evil:

I wouldn´t call it literally a shocker tough ;):d

Contest-Paralympics.png

Provisional standings after Day 5 available here.

Day 5 saw @heywoodu jump into a commanding lead over the Brazilian pair of @vinipereira and @juliosilva. The next 3 days will be less dramatic with only 7 events being predicted, building up towards the most significant day of the contest, Friday 16th September where 11 events are being predicted, meaning 110 points are up for grabs! 

Heywoodu def. Vinipereira and took the lead in the head to head tournament :d Although, I have slightly mixed reviews as I am only in 19th place instead of 4th (what actually could be the truth based on my Paralympic knowledge when I posted my predictions :lol:). Actually, I'm the only one whose positions changes a lot.

Standings

7 hours ago, dcro said:

That one counted? I thought it was just a warm-up :whistle:

@uk12points this event was today?  (table prediction #1 of Day 9)

Spoiler

ARCHERY

Men's Individual Compound Open

Day 9, September 16th, 2016

Men's Individual Compound - Open

Final Results

:USA SHELBY

:ITA SIMONELLI

:AUS Jonathon MILNE

Sur 04/09/2016 at 18:50 , uk12points a déclaré:

Yes, Wanderer has approved it

next time it's better to highlight it , so that we see it on top in the prediction contests section, so everyone would be able to take part in time.

If Wanderer doesn't do it in the next few days, I'll post the results of some of the remaining olympic contests (probably water polo and Hockey).