website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

I know it’s late, but could we do a stage winner prediction contest for the Tour De France

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I know it’s late, but could we do a stage winner prediction contest for the Tour De France

It is late now, and we have already have some prediction contests planned. 

If there's enough interest someone can always organize prediction contest but that one won't be counted for General Standings

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's rather late, but if I would do something, I'd do it in a different way. More simple, like this: for every stage you select X riders (let's say 3), and depending on their positions you get points (5 if one of your riders wins the stage, 3 for second or third place, 1 for fourth or fifth place for example). Same thing with GC: choose X riders and get points for their final position.

Nothing too complicated like stuff where a rider finishing 2nd is more favorable than a rider finishing 1st, because you predicted 2nd place.

Example: stage 1, I pick Sagan, Valverde and Anquetil. Anquetil wins (5 points), Sagan finishes 4th (1 point), Valverde finishes 7th (0 points) --> 6 points

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And it's the Tour de France, which at least here in the Netherlands is like the main event of prediction contests and pools and whatnot, so yeah I'm in :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!