Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

heywoodu    1,290
29 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

what about qualifiers , guys , do i have to fill them in my own or just write qualifier ? 

I have just left 'Qualifier' where I think the qualifier would lose in round one anyway (just not at the men's tournament because there I thought it would be useful, but it wasn't :p ), and where I thought the qualifier would win at least the first round, I wrote the name with (Q) behind it.

• Like 2

rybak    238
39 minut temu, thepharoah napisał:

what about qualifiers , guys , do i have to fill them in my own or just write qualifier ? 

I added names of qualifiers by my own :d

• Like 1

Henry_Leon    88
2 hours ago, dcro said:

This one definitely can't count for the general standings. Short notice, not complete templates, contradicting statements from prediction contest mods... It's back to the same old story from 2016 and 2017 (for which we still don't have results btw), as @Pablita very well explained in her post.

:yes I agree

@tuniscof is back :hatoff:, and we hope he can update the last year contests

Missing from 2017:

• Tour de France
  • Judo WC
  • Afrobasket

(despite the GS 2017 have already a clear winner ........:bowdown:  @Dunadan )

Spoiler

Provisional General Standing 2017

(missing 3 events)

Rank User Nation Points
1 Dunadan :ITA 13850
2 africaboy :ROU 10250
3 Henry_Leon :ITA 9457
4 ady48 :ROU 8950
5 Pablita :ITA 8390
6 heywoodu :NED 7759
7 Federer91 :BUL 7569
8 dcro :CRO 7268
9 tuniscof :TUN 7153
10 bestmen :ALG 6801

OlympicsFan    96
vor 18 Stunden schrieb dcro:

This one definitely can't count for the general standings. Short notice, not complete templates, contradicting statements from prediction contest mods... It's back to the same old story from 2016 and 2017 (for which we still don't have results btw), as @Pablita very well explained in her post.

There must be some rules, although they can seem harsh, they should be for the best. I don't think prediction contests on Totallympics can survive any more flops to be honest...

Yes it better not, i didnt complete my predictions, when i saw that it was cancelled ...

So now this will certainly only be for fun for me, because it will be difficult finishing high without any points from the first day ...

I can personally say that i dont care about the general standing, so for me its fine to not include this contest.

Wanderer    223

Concerning general standings for  2018, I had an idea that the points should be awarded according to the number of participants. For example: if contest has 40 participants, 40th place is to be awarded 1 point, 39th place 2 points and so on until we get to the half of the total number of participants. Then, 19th place should have 2 points more than the 20th... with difference between 10th and 1st gradually increasing and with 1st ranked getting 80 points (for each contest, max points = 2*number of participants). With this way, we award the winners at the big contests. It is harder to win when there are 50 people competing than 20.

What do you think?

bestmen    447

where are the results of tennis ?

if you haven't time or busy just stop it , remember  you didn't finish them last year

Edited by bestmen

LDOG    263
hace 20 minutos, Wanderer said:

With this way, we award the winners at the big contests. It is harder to win when there are 50 people competing than 20.

What do you think?

Agree completely.

Edited by LDOG

dcro    1,102
28 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Concerning general standings for  2018, I had an idea that the points should be awarded according to the number of participants. For example: if contest has 40 participants, 40th place is to be awarded 1 point, 39th place 2 points and so on until we get to the half of the total number of participants. Then, 19th place should have 2 points more than the 20th... with difference between 10th and 1st gradually increasing and with 1st ranked getting 80 points (for each contest, max points = 2*number of participants). With this way, we award the winners at the big contests. It is harder to win when there are 50 people competing than 20.

What do you think?

Not sure, this would favor those who do well at more popular contests - meaning more popular sports.

Also, I have an idea concerning the general standings. I think using tennis-alike system would be nice, meaning  points from one contest are removed one year after the contest was held. Ranking could be updated on a monthly basis (as opposed to tennis' weekly basis). This way we'll eventually always have yearly Totallympics rankings, and not just at the end of each year. Also defending points and stuff like for how many weeks X user has been no. 1 can add to the intrigue. :d This time we obviously start from 0, so this is more of a 2019 idea.