Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Sindo    167
3 minutes ago, tuniscof said:

i'll see with wanderer if it is possible to open it today 

I strongy recommend not to open Prediction Contests last minute anymore. I would say not less than 72 hours, for Handball EC it would be less than 24 hours so I am absolutely against it, especially with Winter Olympics Prediction Contests coming soon.

tuniscof    77
il y a 1 minute, Sindo a déclaré:

I strongy recommend not to open Prediction Contests last minute anymore. I would say not less than 72 hours, for Handball EC it would be less than 24 hours so I am absolutely against it, especially with Winter Olympics Prediction Contests coming soon.

I don't think there is any interfering with Winter Olympic Games ; Handball EC and Australian Open both end in 28th of January :) , you're right though about last minute :( I really wished i could open it sooner 

tuniscof    77

2018Contest1.png.f57a7f783875f908ca4b87cb74d27611.png

Tennis Australian Open 2018 Prediction Contest is now Open

• Thanks 1

OlympicsFan    173
Am 20.12.2017 um 17:47 schrieb shadowhelix:

Will there be another Olympic Bet Contest for Pyeongchang 2018 just like in Rio 2016?

I agree. I would be happy to provide the questions if no one else already signed up for that.

Henry_Leon    148

:yikes:Surprise, surprise.................. there will be Australian Open 2018 Prediction Contest (after two "NO" posted in Sunday and Wednesday...)

Not a problem at all, but remain unsolved last two year of contests (some are team competitions: with spreadsheet easy/fast to manage, said someone.....), maybe was better ended these contests :fingers: (for respect the users that lost time playing) and prepare the Winter OG  2018 contests!!!!

Spoiler

Missing from 2017:

• Tour de France
  • Judo WC
  • Afrobasket

Missing from Olympic Rio 2016:

• Basket
  • Handball
  • Swimming
  • Miscellaneous 1

Edited by Henry_Leon
  • Like 1

heywoodu    2,401

The places where it says 'qualifier' will be replaced with the names of the qualifiers once the qualification is over, I suppose? :p Then I'll wait with my predictions 

Henry_Leon    148
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The places where it says 'qualifier' will be replaced with the names of the qualifiers once the qualification is over, I suppose? :p Then I'll wait with my predictions 

Obvious :yes, you supposed right ! 

• Thanks 1

thepharoah    217

qualifiers have been named in the official draw of Australian open 

Pablita    51

New Year but always the same old song for the prediction contests:

• no old results,
  • no schedule of the new year,
  • decisions overturned in few days (Sindo said on 2nd January that Australian Open won't have a prediction contest and now we have the contest)
  • no planning, why work on Australian open while it would be better to open the Olympic contests (we still don't know how many they will be and what are we waiting for opening the hockey contest?)

Moreover I think the choice of Australian Open is quite nonsensical because past tennis contests showed that

• they don't capture the interest of new people because the two brackets are big and tedious (you need a lot of time to fill them)
  • it's necessary a lot of work for the organizer (check many results in the first week, create many predictions in the second week)
  • the contenders have to work a lot in the second week because there are many matches and you don't know when they finish, so many matches predictions are forgotten or skipped

Good luck to the contenders and to the organizer (it's nice to see tuniscof come back on predictions) for the Australian Open but I hope that this contest doesn't steal time and energy from the Olympics.

• Like 4

Henry_Leon    148

Tennis AO 2018 Men Contest: I broken the tip Copy/Paste the same name two time: there are matches Qualifier (Q) vs Qualifier (Q), and put as winner Qualifier (Q) have no sense .............:evil:

Sorry, I can't wait the update of prediction (with qualified names), because I will not back online before the start of AO 2018 .

:bye:

heywoodu    2,401

ALERT

Yen-Hsun Lu and Filip Krajinovic are out of the Australian Open, but still in the prediction contest bracket. 

This has all mixed up the draw quite a bit, so don't simply replace Lu with Polansky for example, since Lu will play Pospisil and Polansky will play Khachanov. 

This is quite important, so I'm gonna wait with filling in my bracket.. 

LDOG    454

@Sindo should be able to correct that and also add the qualifier names.