website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Il y a 7 heures , bestmen a déclaré:

thx, plzz fixe the count of thepharao he had 51,25  + 1,25 = 52,5 not 63,75 as you posted

and i invite everybody to count by themselves maybe there are other mistakes

no he has 51,25 + 12,5 = 63,75 ;) total is correct

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any thoughts about the bonus points system suggestion? :p

Sorry but i'm not agree, haven't sense other daily/bonus.

We already have bonus for the knockout round (and some users asked to take them off ....)

We have daily bonus in Volley, but for who put all predictions right (or winner); this is more fair (than the top 3 of the day...)

However, if many users want, will be possible in the contests where there are many daily matches (at least 5/6) as Handball/Basket/Hockey, but only in group stage.

44 minuty temu, dcro napisał:

Any thoughts about the bonus points system suggestion? :p

what kind of bonus do you have in mind? It would be possible to make 1 bonus match per day with some extra points for users who will predict the exact result - good for handball, basketball, water polo, rugby and ice hockey - high score team sports. In football it could be which player scores first (field hockey the same), in volleyball maybe how much points the best scorer will have. Final points (without hundreds) of winners in figure skating etc.

But do we need it. Wouldn`t it turn more like to bet contests? For me the simpler the better

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

On 28/1/2017 at 20:07, dcro said:

I have an idea regarding the prediction contests. Maybe we can introduce the "Winners of the day" bonuses.

Users are ranked by points they've won in a single day of a contest. So for example we look at the first day of the current handball contest:

Gianlu33 - 88 (10)

heywoodu - 85 (5)

MCMXC - 81 (3)

bestmen - 77

ady48 - 75

Every winner of the day gets 10 pts, 2nd best gets 5 pts and 3rd best gets 3 pts. These points are summed at the end of the contest and they go straight to the general standings for the season. These bonuses might encourage lower ranked users to be more interested in the later stages of the contest.

Obviously it doesn't have to be 10-5-3, it can be set up differently. However, with the 10-5-3 system we would have the following current bonus points from the handball contest.

Reveal hidden contents
bestmen 33
Crolympic 31
Pavlo 23
vlad 20
hckosice 20
mihamiha 20
Ufilov 18
ady48 16
Agger 16
rybak 15
Dolby 15
SteveParker 10
Gianlu33 10
Dunadan 10
africaboy 10
dcro 10
heywoodu 8
amen09 8
Henry_Leon 5
MCMXC 3
vinipereira 3
wpwells 0
Federer91 0
tuniscof 0
titicow 0

I don't know how it worked in the past (was this general standing really updated? Did more users participate? ),  but the presence of a general standing itself should encourage lower ranked users to be interested until the end of the contest: gaining positions would mean gaining more points in the general standing, even without bonus points.

9 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

But do we need it. Wouldn`t it turn more like to bet contests? For me the simpler the better

:yes 100% agree!!

8 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

.................................... but the presence of a general standing itself should encourage lower ranked users to be interested until the end of the contest: gaining positions would mean gaining more points in the general standing, even without bonus points.

:yes agree!!!!! Above all, updated standings.........(without  "random" contests added the in season)

Well, I'm kind of a purist for prediction, so I don't like any kind of bonuses (I don't even like the multipliers for knockout stages!). I think they increase the "luck" factor and decrease the "pure knowledge" factor to decide the winner, which I don't like too much.

18 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

I don't know how it worked in the past (was this general standing really updated? Did more users participate? ),  but the presence of a general standing itself should encourage lower ranked users to be interested until the end of the contest: gaining positions would mean gaining more points in the general standing, even without bonus points.

It used to be updated, but last year was a bit slow.

Points for general standings however are completely decided by placing, so someone who is lower ranked might now achieve much even if they remained interested. Bonus points can also allow someone with a better knowledge/interest in the sport to get some extra points even if they miss one day of contest.

In any case, with 10-5-3 system, hckosice would get the most bonus points (35), followed by bestmen (33) and Crolympic (31). Crolympic was for example around the podium placing before he didn't post QF predictions, so he would claw few points back in general standings (but not too much!).

However, I guess the primary goal at the moment should be establishing the working general standings and prediction contests themselves.

#banbestmen