website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

I have an idea regarding the prediction contests. Maybe we can introduce the "Winners of the day" bonuses.

Users are ranked by points they've won in a single day of a contest. So for example we look at the first day of the current handball contest:

Gianlu33 - 88 (10)

heywoodu - 85 (5)

MCMXC - 81 (3)

bestmen - 77

ady48 - 75

Every winner of the day gets 10 pts, 2nd best gets 5 pts and 3rd best gets 3 pts. These points are summed at the end of the contest and they go straight to the general standings for the season. These bonuses might encourage lower ranked users to be more interested in the later stages of the contest.

Obviously it doesn't have to be 10-5-3, it can be set up differently. However, with the 10-5-3 system we would have the following current bonus points from the handball contest.

Spoiler
bestmen 33
Crolympic 31
Pavlo 23
vlad 20
hckosice 20
mihamiha 20
Ufilov 18
ady48 16
Agger 16
rybak 15
Dolby 15
SteveParker 10
Gianlu33 10
Dunadan 10
africaboy 10
dcro 10
heywoodu 8
amen09 8
Henry_Leon 5
MCMXC 3
vinipereira 3
wpwells 0
Federer91 0
tuniscof 0
titicow 0

#banbestmen

sure i new France will win but i was 4th (almost all the time) so decided to take a gamble with Norway win, this was a great contest, i`m very happy but who likes being 4th ;).

Congrats (probably) to Romania, Algeria and Poland i hope

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

2017PC1.png

Final Standing available here.

Polish flag on a flag pole gif animation

Ufilov

Romanian flag on a flag pole gif animation

:champion: ady48 :champion:

Algerian flag on a flag pole gif animation

bestmen

Congratulation to our first winner of the year ady48 and Romania for a deserved Gold Medal :bowdown:!

It was a big battle for top spot since Day 3 between ady48, Ufilov and Crolympic, joined on Day 7 by bestmen.

Unfortunately for him and Croatia, Crolympic missed the round of 16 :facepalm:, and dropped from top spot to the middle of the table losing a big chance for a medal :( and leaving the lead to ady48 who secured his position until the finish.

There was another battle between Ufilov and bestmen for 2nd and 3rd spot, which was decided on the last day when Ufilov had better picks than the algerian ! so Congratulations to Silver Medalist Ufilov and Poland who proved once again how good he is with predictions almost never leaving top 4 except on Day 1 (7th place) and Day 8 (5th place).

Congratulations also goes to bestmen and Algeria who showed a great talent with his picks : he made 12 perfect prediction all tournament long and he is the only one to make a double perfect prediction for Semifinals , good job bestmen :yes ! (we'll see about your bonus idea ;) ) 

Italian Dunadan clinches 4th spot from Polish rybak who had a great tournament always being in top 5.

Great overall result for team Poland with all three players in top 10! though it could have been an impressive top 5 finish for them if only Pavlo didn't drop at the last day (if he didn't predict Norway to be new World Champions :yikes::d)  

Unfortunately some players left the contest :( I hope that's not a bad sign here :mumble:

Thank you all who participated for this first contest of the year even if the number wasn't that large :p we can certainly do better than 25 players for the coming contests :thumbup:.

For my part I tried to do my best to make this contest come true :d even if it came a little late, I hope you enjoyed it!

See you soon for another contest !

Now please stand up for the national anthem of Romania !

It was all or nothing tactics with Norway win ;), i decided to behave like an athlete - "only medals count, go for gold". I predicted final against myself. Congrats to Ady, Ufilov and Bestmen.

I`ve lost bronze/silver with Qatar-Slovenia, Croatian penalty with Norway or/and 1st day if i made 1st predictions after the start of 1st matches

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

3 hours ago, tuniscof said:

Provisional Standing after Day 14 (Quarterfinals Part 2) available here

thx, plzz fixe the count of thepharao he had 51,25  + 1,25 = 52,5 not 63,75 as you posted

and i invite everybody to count by themselves maybe there are other mistakes

Edited by bestmen