website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

34 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

what is the sense of organising new contests when Olympic ones, the most important in some way...are lost

Well. If a fresh start is necessary, I would prefer having prediction contests in the future and not getting the results from the Olympics.

Results are coming soon. I am asking for a bit more patience. :(

Also, I can manage just a few contests next year (up to 5 throughout the year) so we'll need a team if there's a desire for some more complete schedule.

Feel free to suggest all of your interests. I am sure we can find 2-3 users more to form a managing team. 

Also, now is the time to suggest some rules changes, scoring systems etc...  10 days are enough to have rules set and some provisional calendar.

My opinion is that, if there isn't a serious organization, with people that are commited to making the contests from start to finish, then there is no point in having them in bits and pieces. I know it requires time and that everyone is busy, i too have organised games in different sites and know what determination it takes. I literally have sacrificed half my day numerous times to get the results, because i know that people are getting anxious even if it is just an online game. And if people aren't commited doing the same once a month than there is no point waisting their and our time all together.

Whatever's going on, I for one am still very interested in the final results of all Olympic contests. I don't care if it's too late for the General Standings or not, I (and many others) have also put a lot of time and effort in the predictions, so I would just want to know how they ended up, even if there's no points to be won or something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 2 horas, Federer91 said:

My opinion is that, if there isn't a serious organization, with people that are commited to making the contests from start to finish, then there is no point in having them in bits and pieces. I know it requires time and that everyone is busy, i too have organised games in different sites and know what determination it takes. I literally have sacrificed half my day numerous times to get the results, because i know that people are getting anxious even if it is just an online game. And if people aren't commited doing the same once a month than there is no point waisting their and our time all together.

Well, I can't speak for Wanderer but in my case, it's likely that I'm going to quit after I'm done with the remaining team sport results and leave the job to other users with more spare time. The compromise I took for the olympics was the Bet Contest and 4 other team sport competitions and sadly I was only able to do 2 contests in proper time. I apologize for the inconveniences, I thought I was going to have the time to take care of everything relatively quickly but I didn't and I don't feel good about it (because, like you, I also wish to know my personal results after the effort put in filling the tables).

we all live in 18+ world, we didn`t create rules of this world, they just are.

No one here is angry or whatever, but we are used to those rules of 18+ world at work, in families etc. We spent some time on it, sure it`s for fun but when someone undertakes some project i can expect that he`s able to finish it. Let`s not be too warm and sweet from the other side. And i don`t mean you LDOG by any means.

And the fact that i like Wanderer very much doesn`t mean that i won`t expect his work be finished when he undertook it by himself. This is the +18 world rule, i also have to obey it in my private life, at work. We all "have to", Lennon`s Imagine is sadly...a lie ;)

This situation causes more harm than good to the forum and really 4 MONTHS is a hell of a time. Just as heywoodu written, we are just curious how it went, nth less nth more

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

38 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

we all live in 18+ world, we didn`t create rules of this world, they just are.

No one here is angry or whatever, but we are used to those rules of 18+ world at work, in families etc. We spent some time on it, sure it`s for fun but when someone undertakes some project i can expect that he`s able to finish it. Let`s not be too warm and sweet from the other side. And i don`t mean you LDOG by any means.

And the fact that i like Wanderer very much doesn`t mean that i won`t expect his work be finished when he undertook it by himself. This is the +18 world rule, i also have to obey it in my private life, at work. We all "have to", Lennon`s Imagine is sadly...a lie ;)

This situation causes more harm than good to the forum and really 4 MONTHS is a hell of a time. Just as heywoodu written, we are just curious how it went, nth less nth more

It's an 18+ world, and this is, in the end, just a game. It's nothing too serious, and I don't really care if we know the result now or in 2 months. 

After all, it's the Olympics...it's only fitting if we know the real results at least half a year later after all the 'controls' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's an 18+ world, and this is, in the end, just a game. It's nothing too serious, and I don't really care if we know the result now or in 2 months. 

After all, it's the Olympics...it's only fitting if we know the real results at least half a year later after all the 'controls' :p 

Funny that you mentioned it, I heard a rumour going around that heywoodu tested positive for prediction contests. :whistle::p

#banbestmen

i think we will know some results after 2024 Games ;)

sure it`s for fun and i`m treating it this way. Every 2 weeks i just have to check - oh, maybe they`re in (those results), there is no clear info - i won`t make it, i will make it till February, it`s just confusing a bit. I`m not expecting anything above 1 clear straight info after 4 months, i just like clear situations, clear communicates, nth more.

I`m not angry, irritated or anything like this. I am a person who cares about FACTS, not explanations, reasons etc, i`m bit black and white, i know it, i don`t like it but this is how i am...

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it