website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

With the new year fast approaching, I was wondering/hoping if we were bringing back the contest again for 2017?

I have had a look at the sporting calender to try and have come up with a potential schedule of 16 events, of which host a fair variety of disciplines and continents and to have coverage throughout the year.

hace 20 minutos, Henry_Leon said:

Only one question: the results of the two missing team sports basketball and handball (Rio 2016) will be published ?

• YES ;)
  • NO :(

PS: this isn't a "poll"  @Wanderer  and/or for someone who can answer.

If Wanderer doesn't publish them before the end of this month, I'll make an effort and do it. But for the other sports (athletics, swimming, etc) if Wanderer can't take care of them, then sadly we will have to cancel them. I think we can't delay this more than December because the new prediction year will start soon and we have to make an schedule.

12 minutes ago, LDOG said:

If Wanderer doesn't publish them before the end of this month, I'll make an effort and do it. But for the other sports (athletics, swimming, etc) if Wanderer can't take care of them, then sadly we will have to cancel them. I think we can't delay this more than December because the new prediction year will start soon and we have to make an schedule.

Thanks. I asked only about the team sports because maybe is more "easy" to manage.

It's pity, but all know,  that other contests  .............are lost

PS:  having read previous posts  maybe the "copy and past " format for the contests isn't a good choice

On 10/12/2016 at 19:29, MCMXC said:

With the new year fast approaching, I was wondering/hoping if we were bringing back the contest again for 2017?

I have had a look at the sporting calender to try and have come up with a potential schedule of 16 events, of which host a fair variety of disciplines and continents and to have coverage throughout the year.

I don't know if will have the prediction contests next year but I hope there not will be  "random contests" (as PARALYMPICS) announced 4/5 days before the start, the schedule events are essential (is always possible delete an event if there are problems)

PS: I'm not against that contest (paralympics 2016) but many users didn't know that there was other contest after the Summer olympics (only 20 played...)

The following would be the calender I'd suggest, based on previous prediction contests and to which is broad in terms of sports and continents

#    Duration            Sport    Event
1    11-Jan    -    29-Jan    Handball    2017 World Men's Handball Championship
2    14-Jan    -    05-Feb    Football    2017 Africa Cup of Nations
3    09-Feb    -    19-Feb    Biathlon    Biathlon World Championships 2017
4    31-Mar    -    07-Apr    Ice Hockey    2017 IIHF Women's World Championship
5    12-Apr    -    16-Apr    Cycling    2017 UCI Track Cycling World Championships
6    05-May    -    21-May    Ice Hockey    2017 IIHF World Championship
7    28-May    -    11-Jun    Tennis    2017 French Open
8    01-Jul    -    23-Jul    Cycling    2017 Tour de France
9    14-Jul    -    30-Jul    Aquatics    2017 World Aquatics Championships
10    16-Jul    -    06-Aug    Football    UEFA Women's Euro 2017
11    04-Aug    -    13-Aug    Athletics    2017 IAAF World Championships
12    09-Aug    -    26-Aug    Rugby    2017 Women's Rugby World Cup
13    17-Aug    -    31-Aug    Basketball    AfroBasket 2017
14    02-Sep    -    10-Sep    Volleyball    2017 Men's NORCECA Volleyball Championship
15    27-Sep    -    09-Oct    Gymnastics    2017 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
16    26-Oct    -    02-Dec    Rugby    2017 Rugby League World Cup