website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

I only voted for the events I would like to see added (which makes sense, I guess) and not for 'all events', because the top-3/4 of the poll gets added so voting for everything is exactly the same as voting for nothing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, Federer91 said:

If you don't count the Darts World Championships though, which i'm totally inclined to have included. :d 

Sending some love to Bulgaria man :wub:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Darts crossed my mind but then again, what would be the format for prediction contest? :mumble: 

Either a bracket like in tennis or the format of the knock-out stage of stuff like football, water polo etc (not with set difference but with the full score, since the options for the score are limited to the max number of won sets anyway).

18 minutes ago, mihamiha said:

too much points awarded in last stage of football,its a lotery

Not really. 2 group stage matches still carry much more value than 1 semifinal match. And there are 48 group matches compared to 2 semifinals...

Prediction contests should be exciting, and yes, it is more exciting when you have something to lose (or gain), instead of having medals/top 10s decided way before the final stages of the tournament.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not really. 2 group stage matches still carry much more value than 1 semifinal match. And there are 48 group matches compared to 2 semifinals...

Prediction contests should be exciting, and yes, it is more exciting when you have something to lose (or gain), instead of having medals/top 10s decided way before the final stages of the tournament.

True,but when is so close,someone bet oposite and gain points

2018Contest9.png

Provisional Standing after Day 22 available here

Steady but Confident Sea Turtle Reaches the Goal Award 2373060_0.jpg  @crovitlaci  @SteveParker (Perfect score among the misses)

Walk of Shame Award 5.thumb.jpg.0fbaf73889f2da2dc31b52f2a9035c59.jpg Half the Totallympians buried their heads in sand