website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2018Contest7.png

Provisional Standing after Day 12 available here

Interesting turnaround after group stage of the championship! @Topicmaster1010 suddenly puts extra pressure to the Italians where @Dunadan is suddenly tied with @Pablita  and @bestmen is still there, lurking to snatch the title at the very end, with @NikolaB steadily rising to the top. How the things will turn out remains to be seen.

PS Please remember to post your Quarterfinals predictions.

Edited by Wanderer

2018Contest7.png

Provisional Standing after Day 13 available here

What a flop for powerhouse Finland! But @titicow didn't think so! The only one predict the win for Switzerland, and the only one to have all four semifinalists correct! :bowdown:

Four matches left, still some changes possible. Italian clean sweep still possible, but Canadian and Algerian will have their final words!

PS Please remember to post your Semifinals predictions.

I am going to open FIFA World Cup prediction contest very soon. 

Before that, I want to make sure if there are some suggestions for the scoring system. The current scoring system is as follows:

- Right predicted outcome (winner or draw) + right score at the end of the regular time (at the end of the overtime/before penalties/ from quarterfinals onward) - 5 points.
- Right predicted winner + wrong score but right goal difference - 4 points.
- Right predicted draw but wrong score and right predicted winner + wrong score and wrong goal difference but right number of scored goals for Team 1 or Team 2 - 3 points.
- Right predicted winner + wrong score + wrong goal difference + wrong number of scored goals for both teams - 2 points.
- Wrong predicted outcome (winner of draw) but right number of scored goals for Team 1 or Team 2 - 1 point.
- Wrong predicted outcome (winner of draw) and wrong number of scored goals for both teams - 0 points.

Only 2-3 comments won't make a difference, so the scoring system will be kept.

Also, are we going to make Bet Contest as well?

@Wanderer my prediction of USA-Sweden match can be counted if I posted my predictions just 4 minutes after match started?

And another question, it's possible to open on right time contest about Athletics European Championships?

Edited by rybak

19 minutes ago, rybak said:

@Wanderer my prediction of USA-Sweden match can be counted if I posted my predictions just 4 minutes after match started?

And another question, it's possible to open on right time contest about Athletics European Championships?

Hmm, no there won't be Athletics European Championships. I cannot manage that and it's definitely not at the level like World Championships.

As for your predictions... I don't know. Why you had to be late? :d I guess in sports like Hockey, Handball, Football 4 minutes are not amount of time that can make crucial difference at the beginning and I have made exceptions in the past, so I will count your SWE-USA prediction, which seems not to have bright future though :d  

2 minuty temu, Wanderer napisał:

Hmm, no there won't be Athletics European Championships. I cannot manage that and it's definitely not at the level like World Championships.

As for your predictions... I don't know. Why you had to be late? :d I guess in sports like Hockey, Handball, Football 4 minutes are not amount of time that can make crucial difference at the beginning and I have made exceptions in the past, so I will count your SWE-USA prediction, which seems not to have bright future though :d  

Ok :d

Work + I had some problems with connection to internet :/ Thanks that you will count this, although I don't have any chances for good result in this contest :lol: